Wilson Imports Ltd
Dec 2011 - Present (9 years 6 months)
• Developing new and innovative product ranges. With an in-depth understanding of Adobe CS design programmes to create exciting designs and presentation visuals.
• Compiling detailed areas of research along with catwalk and market analysis to create suitable inspiration, mood and colour boards.
• Providing clear direction and support to the Sales team and buyers through well-presented trend reports, new products along with detailed artwork.
• Responsible for creating and developing commercial accessory ranges, for a range of different high street retailers – ranging from high-end fashion outlets to value focused retailers.
• Communicating closely with retailers and providing them with up to date designs quickly and efficiently to reflect next seasons trends based on their customers’ demands and tastes.
• Liaising with factories in Far East for all development, ensuring deadlines for meetings are met on time, all development samples are received correctly and on time and sending out clear comments on development sampling to make sure high quality finish is achieved before presentation to buyer.
• Producing accurate and user friendly excel picture pricelists for buyers, ensuring all prices are correct and inclusive of all companies’ costs and margins.
• Negotiating with factories to achieve good price point required by customer.
• Collating information brought back from trade fairs by sourcing team and following up and building relationships with new suppliers sourced at fairs for future development.
• Maintaining good relationship with our factories at all development stages.
• Effectively prioritising my own work load to make sure that all development deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Sep 2011 - Present (9 years 9 months)
Freelance Website, Graphic and Product Visualisation service.
Feb 2011 - Aug 2011 (6 months)
• Using 3D Studio Max, AutoCAD and Adobe CS5 to develop furniture ranges.
• Liaising with production department in China over technical issues relating to manufacturing.
• Evaluating production/material costs and how much these will affect the retail price of the product.
• Researching upcoming interior trends and compiling appropriate mood boards
• Worked on projects for varied clientele including furniture retailer - BoConcept.
Apr 2010 - Apr 2010
Exhibiting Designer Milan Design Fair 2010.
Assistant Print/Graphic Designer
The Copy Shop, Print Design Studio
Oct 2006 - May 2007 (7 months)
Flyers, Brochures, Business Cards and various other printed materials for local business's and private clients, developing an understanding of digital and process printing methods.