Creative & UI Designer
Spark Networks, Inc.
Oct 2010 - Present (11 years 9 months)
• Design and code responsive landing pages using a combination of jQuery mobile, zurb foundation, bootstrap, jQuery, html, and css.
• Develop campaign materials for new initiatives or events. Materials include landing/microsite pages, web ads, emails, and print advertisements.
• Work with backend developers when they hook up landing pages to needed APIs and databases.
• Research new methods and best practices for coding emails to deliver the best experience across platforms. Inevitably, troubleshoot problems when testing new layouts and responsive designs.
Web / UX Designer | Photographer
Tuesday Night Project
May 2009 - Aug 2012 (3 years 3 months)
• Developed a website based on wordpress that supported the organizations initiatives and reached out to core and potential audiences.
• Photographed events for posterity and promotion.
Web Designer | Photographer
Sep 2009 - 2012 (2 years 10 months)
• Developed their wordpress powered website using php, html, css, and jQuery based on organizational needs.
• Implemented some ARIA best practices to create a more accessible website for the visually challenged.
• Support the organization in other arenas such as photography to be used in their promotional materials and to document activities.
UCLA Volunteer Center
Aug 2010 - Sep 2010 (1 month)
• Coded site structure and template out for use as a wordpress theme.
• Collaborated with a back-end developer to flesh-out the API interaction between the Volunteer site, Facebook, and Flickr to bring in dynamic content.
Project by Project
May 2007 - Sep 2008 (1 year 4 months)
• Website maintenance, template setup, and event photography.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Digital Media Wire
Apr 2006 - Sep 2008 (2 years 5 months)
• Created the websites for conference.
• Developed new logos and supporting conference materials from programs to advertisements.
• Managed daily newsletter creation and coordinated with writers to get their articles together in a timely manner.
Sushi & Tofu Magazine
Nov 2003 - Apr 2005 (1 year 5 months)
• Managed the magazine layout and coordinated with other designers and writers to get articles and advertisements in on time.
• Created cover images for the magazine.
• Handled pre-flight for files taken to the printer.