The consumer product industry is frequently presented with technological advances, stricter environmental requirements and increasingly more savvy customers that are always looking for ways to simplify their lives. Diego Miralles has spent his award winning career traveling the world finding ways to be inspired and to inspire others to make significant strides in the advancement of exciting and responsible design that makes positive impacts on the way we live with design. Working for progressive companies such as BMW AG (Germany), Samsung, SmartThings, Reva Electric Car Co (India), ICON Aircraft (California), Lit Motors and Yuneec International (China) have provided both invaluable experience and ideal opportunities to create meaningful and progressive design thus setting the stage for welcomed challenges ahead. His past positions. most recently: Design Director of Hardware at Samsung SmartThings and Senior Design Director of VR/AR HTC Vive, have given Miralles deep insight and understanding of the basic day to day lives of how customers currently interact with their living space ecosystems both in-home and through mobility as well as discovering potential pattern shifts that will be occurring as our lives become automated and simplified through IoT.
Miralles' managing experience has been well supported by the desire to gain clear understanding and credentials in other fields related to industrial design including materials, ergonomics, aerodynamics, structural dynamics and regulatory requirements.
Managing a creative force also brings challenges that will make or break the success of any project or department and sometimes an entire company. Creating efficient standards of practice within a studio balanced with the need for individual expression is a major focus in the day to day of studio management. This must be done while keeping a watchful eye on the pulse of design trends and company strategy.
Product Design - Design Director: Independent and corporate development of electronic goods, advanced recreational products and IxD at Samsung
Car Design - Design Director: exterior, interior, ergonomics, mechanical, structural
Aircraft Design - Design Director: branded full size, UAVs, exterior, interior, ergonomics, mechanical, structural
Market research and strategy for major automobile manufacturer - BWW AG
Boat Development - Design Director: exterior, interior, structural concepts
- ICON A5 aircraft - Numerous design awards including 2009 IDEA/BusinessWeek Design Awards - Gold in Transportation Design category, 2009 Gold Spark Design Award
- Design Distinction in ID Magazine’s Annual Design Review, the prestigious Red Dot International Award for Product Design
- Finalist for the 2010 Wallpaper "Life- Enhancer of the Year"
- Australian International Design Award.
• ICON A5 aircraft - Won numerous design awards including 2009 IDEA/BusinessWeek Design Awards - Gold in Transportation Design category, 2009 Gold Spark Design Award
• Design Distinction in ID Magazine’s Annual Design Review, the prestigious Red Dot International Award for Product Design
• Finalist for the 2010 Wallpaper "Life- Enhancer of the Year"
• The Australian International Design Award.