Senior Graphic Designer
Aug 2011 - Present (10 years 5 months)
Lead graphic designer providing digital and print branding and communications solutions for international medical device company.
• Designed user interfaces for three Android-based laboratory instruments, working with scientists, programmers and marketing professionals. Utilized in-house expertise to save company +$100K in development costs.
• Created graphics for trade show booths for national and international trade shows. Compelling, simple, consistent graphic solutions for booths helped attract leads for new customers.
• Developed product sell sheets, brochures, and advertising. Directed photo shoots and worked with marketing department to develop content. Design presented a cohesive and engaging face to customers and investors.
• Created web banner ads, e-newsletters, e-mail signatures. Used CMS to update pages for website. Assistant art directed template-based website, designed pages as needed.
• Designed product and company logos, presenting concepts to Sales and Design teams, working with group to determine final look.
• Maintained branding style guideline handbook and shared folder for employees. Educated employees on branding guidelines to ensure consistent branding messages.
• Led cross-functional design meetings, encouraging inclusivity, communication, and productivity.
Aug 2006 - Aug 2011 (5 years)
• Designed patent-awarded user interface for chemistry analyzer, working with team of chemists, programmers, and marketing professionals. Created graphics and page layouts, and influenced flow and structure of user experience. User interface became essential selling point for analyzer.
• Created signage and wall graphics for company interior, including 7' company timeline for reception area and an 8' map info-graphic showing product sales.
• Developed product sell sheets and advertising, directing photo shoot and working with marketing to develop content. Created information visualizations for use in marketing materials.
• Worked with video company to create multiple 42" screen display for trade show.
• Created over hundreds of technical illustrations for use in operator's manuals; created illustrations for insert sheets, packaging and labeling.
• Created animations in English and Spanish for use in medical instrument industry trade shows.
Associate Graphic Designer
Aug 2001 - Aug 2006 (5 years)
• Created page layouts, packaging graphics, animations, and instructional labeling for international medical instrument company.
• Redesigned pages for company website, condensing static information into one interactive page. Created promotional animations for website.
• Provided graphic support for all employee graphic needs.
2001 - 2001
Designed elementary school publication, designed and produced newsletters for real estate development company, provided design support for iParty logo transition.
2000 - 2001 (1 year)
• Created 1–4+ color publications including cards, brochures, newsletters, letterhead, presentations, ads, large format displays.
• Worked with customers and service providers regarding layout, color and content of jobs.
• Supervised and directed assistant designer, did pre-press for all print jobs.
1998 - 2000 (2 years)
Assisted in design and layout of bi-monthly member newspaper (circ. 10,000/28–40 pgs.), advertising programs for Shrine events (100-200 pgs.), and event related collateral.