FREELANCE - GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Sample Client - Foley Signs
2010 - Present (11 years)
● Complex Vector Art - New & Redesigned Logos ● Design of Signage / Package / Banner / Poster ● CAD - Sign Lab ● Adobe Illustrator & Photo Shop CS5 ● Vinyl Plotters / Printed Graphics ● Design Set-ups
● Freelance position helped to achieve goal for a continued education, in Adobe CS5 & graphic techniques, at the School of Visual Arts in NYC ● Opportunity to learn a new CAD based program . . .
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - MULTIMEDIA
JOHN WALD FETNER & ASSOCIATES Multimedia Ad Agency
2006 - 2008 (2 years)
● Heavy Newsprint & Magazine Advertisements ● Event Print / Direct & Large Print / Collateral ● Web Graphics / Posters / Billboards ● MAC OS / Font Management ● Freehand / Illustrator / Photo Shop / Word / Excel ● Video Proofing / Copy Editing / Printers & Office Equipment
● As Print Designer for multimedia ad agency, performed a heavy daily workload, in fast paced MAC environment . . .
● Produced simultaneous projects to coincide with our client’s radio & TV agendas . . . ● Time sensitive materials, proofs & finals were delivered on time to clients & vendors . . . ● “On the fly” copy editing of media advertising . . .
GRAPHIC ARTIST - DESIGNER
MILLER PUBLISHING 12 Tabloid Newspapers & Magazine
Jan 2000 - May 2006 (6 years 4 months)
● Fast paced Newsprint Advertising Design ● Individual Client Ad Campaigns ● Magazine ● Newsletter - Miami University Law School ● In Design - Layouts ● Photo Shop - Image prep ● Acrobat / Distiller / RIP / Film Image Setters ● MAC OS X / PC Systems / Font Management ● Freehand / Quark - Type & Design ● Four Color & Spot Plate - Print Formats
● Concept / Layout / Pagination of 12 Tabloid Sections on weekly basis . . . ● Worked closely with Sales department to execute clean, maximum impact layouts for their clients . . . ● Restructured a complex work flow process to implement a
more efficient Ad Traffic System . . . ● Helped to ensure a more progressive proofing system, allowing for better Client / Sales interaction & faster
turnaround times . . .
PRE-PRESS SUPERVISOR: GRAPHIC ARTIST / TYPESETTER / SUPV
HARTE-HANKS COMMUNICATIONS Direct Mail Corporation
1982 - 1991 (9 years)
● Applied Management using a “hands on” approach . . . ● Maintained Quality Standards through careful scrutiny of all individual, production & press proofs . . . ● Assisted Others with Transition to new Digital System . . . ● Extreme Organizational Skills assured efficient work flow . . .
● Fast paced, multicultural, direct mail environment in advertising graphic design, using MAC based OS . . . ● Supervision of 5 pre-press departments: Traffic Control / Proof Reading / Typesetting / Layout / Book Production