Aug 2020 - Present (9 months)
- Assisting in ad hoc tasks: testing, content for e-commerce.
- Creation of wireframes & mobile prototype for a warehouse scanning system.
Sep 2018 - Jun 2020 (1 year 9 months)
- Creation of 4 yearly collections + NOOS programs, from idea to finished products - including sourcing and sample order placing.
- Setup of measurement charts including grading.
- Fitting comments on protos, sms and production.
- Creation of sales material.
- Trend story telling, visual merchandizing and sales meeting organization.
- Daily supplier contacts China/India/Italy.
- Close cooperation with buying, sales and technical team.
- Achievements: Creating a coherent line, with the result that Sparkz has landed bigger accounts, such as Boozt.com.
Jul 2010 - Aug 2018 (8 years 1 month)
- Rebranded and redefined the DNA of the collections.
- Set a clear strategy for the collections in terms of trends/fabrics/fits etc.
- Managed a team of 5 designers and technicians.
- Developed 6-10 collections yearly, plus seasonal drops.
- Defined the product need and price points for each collection.
- Presented trends and collections to sales representatives.
- Supplier visits and inspiration trips in Asia/Europe.
- Photo Shoots and campaign planning.
- Achievemet: turned a low performing brand into an international fashion brand with a clear design strategy.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2010 (2 years 5 months)
- Based in Beijing, China, designing for the Chinese market.
- Team leader for development of leather, outerwear, jersey tops and dresses. 6 yearly collections.
- Developed new trend concept and colour boards for the design team.
- Presented the trends and collections to the national retail and franchise teams.
- Supplier visits within China and frequent inspiration trips in Asia/Europe.
- Achievement: Doubled the sales of leather garments in 1 season.
Aug 2004 - Jan 2008 (3 years 5 months)
- Desig & development for men’s and women’s leather garments
- Sourcing, tech. pack preparation and sample fitting.
- Close contact with selling team all over Europe.
- Frequent inspiration trips around Europe and supplier visits in China/India.
Jan 2004 - May 2004 (4 months)
Assisting at the Jersey section for the women's department.
Jul 2003 - Dec 2003 (5 months)
Functioned as design and pattern assistant for the French Brand Yves Salomon and Meteo.
I also participated in the work for the companys trading customers, such as Sonia Rykiel, Yves Saint Laurent, J P Gaultier, etc.
Assistant, part time
2001 - 2003 (2 years)
Worked part time, alongside my studies, as assistant for the Textile designer Kirsten Thoerle, with customization works for Dior Couture, Paco Rabanne and Christian Lacroix.
Technical Writer/ Office assistant
Jun 1998 - May 1999 (11 months)
Main task: Creating, updating and implementing help-screens and producing a user guide for the financial system Balans, using the tool Doc-To-Help.
Other tasks: Ad hoc office tasks, amongst others temp receptionist, financial assistant & customer service.