Aug 2010 - Present (11 years 3 months)
Lead creative for rebranding of Secureline, Crawford, and other Lehigh Brands. I worked together with a dynamic team to rebrand longstanding brands by modernizing the product packaging, promotional material, signage, and more. I also contributed in developing packaging for new product innovations. Graphic designer for Lehigh brands. Tasks included logo design, packaging, signage, print material, web graphics, promotional ads, and more.
Jan 2003 - Present (18 years 10 months)
Fernando Creative is an award-wining graphic design and illustration studio committed to helping individuals and companies increase their visibility in their target markets by creating eye-catching artwork. Every client, big or small, I strive to create the most insightful, well crafted, impact full and uncompromising work that I can. So, no matter if you are a band creating your first album, looking for a children's book illustrator, or in need of a logo design- rest assured that I will treat your project with the utmost importance.
Senior Graphic Designer
May 2004 - Feb 2010 (5 years 9 months)
- CD designer, Create original designs for cd/dvd packaging including booklets, posters, page layouts, business cards, discs and wallets. Custom graphic designs include logos, illustrations, and photo retouching.
- As the lead creative I independently manage and oversee design projects from initial concept development, working closely with clients (musicians, directors, etc.) to final pre-press coordination.
- Daily tasks include contacting clients to discuss their projects, making various revisions to multiple design job's, daily meetings with the Creative Director, prepping and uploading completed files and coordinating designs with the production department.
Jun 1999 - Jun 2004 (5 years)
- Directed art implementation and design for multiple departments (restaurant, brewery, café, retail, and entertainment). Print designs included posters, t-shirts, logos, magazine ads, billboards, murals, exhibits, signage, and illustrations.
- Worked directly with CEO to develop creative ad campaigns and strategic art implementation. I helped develop the corporate identity of each department.
1999 - 1999
McDONALD’S CORPORATION. OakBrook, IL 2012: Designed logo identities and web graphics for company events and departments: National People Week, NABIT, and Government Relations.
UNIVERSAL MUSIC, International 2011: Designed cd packaging and promotional poster for label artist “Monchy y Natalia”. Graphics were used internationally to promote online and print.
AMERICA’S BREWING COMPANY, Aurora, IL 2010: Designed product label and case pack graphics for a series of micro brews. Graphics were use for t-shirt graphics and promotions.
KANAN FASHIONS, Oakbrook, IL 2003-2010: Designed textile patterns, technical illustrations, clothing graphics, sale sheets, advertisements, and logos.
RECITABLE PUBLISHING CO., Aurora, IL 2004-2005: Lead designer and illustrator for a series of children’s activity and coloring books, www.recitable.com
ROUNDHOUSE PUBLISHING, Aurora, IL 1999: Illustrated book cover of short novel “Just Another Game” by author Scott Ascher. Illustration was used for print and web advertisements.