The EGC Group
Nov 2012 - Present (9 years 1 month)
Production of retail designs to direct mail, store signage, web banners, facebook ads and so much more.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Freelance / Graphic Design Services
Jan 1990 - Present (31 years 11 months)
Web based production for consumer packaging.
Graphic Production Coordinator
Jul 2010 - Dec 2011 (1 year 5 months)
Liaison between departments, vendors and printers both in the United States and abroad to maintain the high quality of the companies brands along with the private label products being produced. Calculated engineering sets for product lines as well as created die-lines for flexible packaging, folding cartons, shrink wraps, corrugate packing and labels. Distorted artwork to print correctly on containers. Creating and tracking barcode numbers for each product.
• 2011 Winners of the Annual American In-house Design Awards.
Creative Director / Graphic Designer / Classifieds
2005 - 2008 (3 years)
Oversaw comprehensive print and web design development while communicating with a team of five sales professionals. Ensured constant system uptime by regularly testing/monitoring site performance and maintaining the computer network. Skillfully utilized content management systems. Updated web advertisements for multiple sites as well as produced the classifieds section of the papers.
• Significantly improved web site design, functionality & navigational methods.
• Created high impact advertisements for Dan's Papers, Montauk Pioneer, Dan's Hampton Style, and the Insider Guide.
• Garnered sales opportunities by developing a standout section in Dan's Papers.
• Enabled the daily distribution of a weekly paper to the web at danshamptons.com by upgrading company to Ad Manager Pro digital formatting software.
Regent Sports Corporation
2001 - 2005 (4 years)
Directed packaging design for consumer packaged goods; recruited, managed, trained, and motivated eight direct reports. Produced direct mail campaigns for merchandise buyers and chain store customers. Developed Super Show trade booth. Selected advertising agencies and strengthened vendor relationships. Established highly effective operating procedures. Enhanced brand identities, managed photo shoots, and developed products.
• Successfully transformed the in-house production department into a highly creative division.
• Produced innovative packaging concepts for Walmart, Target, Sports Authority, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Kmart, Sears, Toys R Us, Dicks Sporting Goods, Modell's, Sam’s Club, and BJ's
Art Director / Webmaster
1999 - 2001 (2 years)
Developed marketing materials and established web presence for this e-commerce company, from its start up to its final closing. Continually maintained proprietary web site. Produced photo shoots, sales catalogs, presentations, and sell sheets. Created compelling advertisements, direct mailing campaigns, catalogs, trade show graphics, and web banners in collaboration with the President.
DDB Worldwide Communications Group
Aug 1998 - Nov 1999 (1 year 3 months)
Created, scanned, and enlarged ads for newspaper and 4-color print production. Retouched scanned artwork, created layouts, and generated the finished product for compelling presentations. Managed prepress and stat camera operations.
• Produced exceptional quality work for AM Track, Northern Quilted, Irish Tourism, NY Lottery, Johnson & Johnson, Mobil, P&G, and other key accounts for this global advertising agency.
Prepress Imaging Specialist
Arkay Packaging Corp
Apr 1997 - Mar 1998 (11 months)
Designed mockups, in-house promotional material, and sales collateral. Oversaw electronic prepress of supplied packaging and customer art. Scanned, color corrected, and retouched photos. Provided direct output to film processor and developer. Communicated with customers on issues concerning corrections and file handling. Archived files, negatives, plates, and film flats. Maintained imaging laser and darkroom.
• Provided excellent customer service to major accounts such as Estee Lauder, Avon, AOL, Mary Kay, P&G, HP, BeautiControl, Calvin Klein, and Nordstrom.