Jan 2002 - Present (19 years 8 months)
Developing upholstery products and furniture for the home and contract market, where my main duties were:
• Creation of over 50 signature products/ranges that caught the attention of industry professionals and clients in international tradeshows. Product development included market research, sketching, wood structure layout, foam and coatings selection, outsourcing with external suppliers if necessary and creation of comprehensive technical sheets for mass production.
• Supervision and development of over 300 bespoke projects according to client specific needs. Product development included liaison with costumer and sales team, on site project review and management, material choice to budget (wood structure and foam selection), outsourcing with external suppliers if necessary and creation of comprehensive technical sheets for mass production.
• Responsible for structuring and organizing all the information needed to budget contract and in house projects. This task required an in depth knowledge of raw material pricing (pine, MDF, OSB, foams, coverings), bought in fixtures (Ipea, Wurth, among others) finishes (lacquers and veneers) and project specific suppliers.
• Coordination and supervision of the product development team that included junior designers, carpenters, upholsterers and seamstresses. This task required great leadership, organizational and communication skills and a keen eye for resource management.
Sep 1998 - Jun 2001 (2 years 9 months)
Sales Responsible in a department store dedicated to office supplies and services where my main duties were:
• Providing customer service whenever necessary.
• Give costumer guidance in the technical and artistic section of the store.
• Properly maintain and organize stock material.
Symington Wine Company
Aug 1998 - Sep 1998 (1 month)
Production line bottling operator where my main duties were:
•Supervise production batch quality.
•Pack and load boxes and containers.
•Report anomalies and daily production ratings to direct line supervisor.