May 2009 - Present (13 years 11 months)
I work with clients on an array of Industrial Design and product development needs. I
specialize in startups looking to bring a product to life.
VP of Design and Product Development
Sep 2019 - Mar 2023 (3 years 6 months)
VP of Design + Product Development (08.22 - 03.23) | Sr. Director of Design (09.19 - 08.22) | Industrial Design + Product
Development Consultant (12.16 - 09.19) | Co-Founder - BioSpawn Lure Company (10.12 - acquired 12.16)
Oversaw Product Development, Industrial & Graphic Design, Engineering, and Photography, supporting retail, e-commerce, and subscription box businesses. Co-Founded Catch Co. sub-brand BioSpawn.
I built and managed their Product Development, Industrial Design, Engineering, & Graphic Design departments, scaling a subscription box company to a multi-faceted company with a myriad of products, brands, retail needs, and customer needs. Additionally co-founded their sub-brand, BioSpawn.
▪ Product Development + Industrial Design
◦ Oversaw and developed scoping, project management, design, review, sampling, and testing processes for the product development cycle, from opportunity through production and product launch.
◦ Built and lead a team of 10 Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers in developing and bringing >100 products to market, including 3 new product categories, generating over $20m in sales.
◦ Oversaw the build-out and ops of a 2,000 sq. ft. prototyping/testing facility, as well as a book of >100 pieces of IP.
▪ Graphic Design
◦ Ensured brand graphic standards and voice were cohesively executed across brands in digital and print, (marketing campaign assets, web/social, packaging, apparel, B&M and trade show signage).
◦ Rebuilt graphic design team and processes in 6 months, cutting deliverable time in half, clearing a backlog of >50 past due projects, and ensuring new team of 4 FTEs + freelancers consistently delivered quality projects on time going forward.
▪ BioSpawn Lure Company
◦ Co-founded, and designed BioSpawn’s original 7 products, developing brand form language, owning all design functions, product development, production, and customer service.
◦ Gained distribution in 3 major retailers prior to an acquisition by Catch Co. in 2016.
Mar 2017 - Aug 2019 (2 years 5 months)
Managed design and deliverables for Shower Doors and New Category Development while supporting other categories.
Particular emphasis on engineering, DFM, research, and managing our in-studio 3DP capabilities.
▪ Led development of Closets by Liberty, ADEX Platinum Winner, gaining placement in Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Wayfair.
Jul 2012 - Mar 2017 (4 years 8 months)
Designed for HPI's lines of storage, garment care, and home organization products, from market research through production, with
a particular emphasis on DFM.
▪ Designed a collection of totes for Walmart, resulting in over $60m in sales over 2 years.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
May 2010 - Nov 2011 (1 year 6 months)
Designed for TB’s range of international clients on custom bottle and packaging design projects, from concept to production,
including heavy engineering detail and 3DP validation.
Jul 2008 - May 2009 (10 months)
and accessories, art furniture, and home décor, as well as presented to sales team and
private label customers.
Additionally, aided the relaunch of their sister company, Tag Furnishings Group, purveyor of
contemporary furniture, with new product designs and a new branding scheme, consisting of
a new print and digital catalog, letterhead, and other sales and promotional materials.
Industrial Design Intern
Sep 2007 - May 2008 (8 months)
Took lead or assisted on various design projects, ranging from new
product development to internal design projects.