Hired as Assistant Art Director in July '89, promoted to Art Director July '90. Responsibilities: * Designed direct mail advertising pieces for selected children's book clubs, adult continuity programs and FSI's. * Oversaw photography, illustrators and production people.
West Hartford, CT
88 Hired as a Paste-up Artist, promoted to Senior Paste-Up Artist. Responsibilities: * Produced camera ready mechanicals * Organized ads according to regional markets * Prepared advertising pages including design, illustration and paste-up.
Art Department Manager/Senior Art Director
Responsibilities: * Designed the digital prepress operation for maximum efficiency to shorten schedules and controlled costs while maintaining superior design of all advertising pieces. Designed catalogs direct mail pieces and created sales and marketing support materials. * Supervised flow of jobs and met deadlines on all services. * Supervised in-house staff of two designers along with outside freelancers and photographers. Responsible for the continued upgrading of computer hardware and software. * Brought digital photography into the art department and saved $12,400 the first year. * Managed art department budget.
Senior Art Director/ Responsibilities
Travelers Life & Annuity
* Conceived and produced high-end visual graphics that promoted product lines associated with the Life and Annuity division of Travelers. * Lent creative direction to Account executives accounts. * Managed vendor relations: Price, Production and time management as it related to Printers, Stock Photography houses and freelancers.
G. Fox & Co.
In-house Advertising Department Paste-up Artist. Responsibilities: * Prepared camera-ready mechanicals for eight branch stores.
Paier College of Art
Major Field of Study
Illustration Fairfield University, Central Connecticut State University: Various courses in computer graphics.
Major Field of Study
Tunxis Community College
Graphic Design/Interactive Media Freelance Over 20 years of freelance work for a variety of clients and mediums. Projects have included promotional brochures, logos, illustrations, etc. Software: Mac and PC based. Quark Express 6.5, Adobe Photoshop CS, InDesign CS3, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator. Hardware: Power Macintosh G5, Operating System 10
Jul 2005 - Jan 2016 (10 years 6 months)
• Developed effective, attractive communications that supported the company’s business objectives through the use of typography, color, image and layout.
• Created documents using department-standard best practices, so that files were managed appropriately through the production life cycle and were prepared properly for output to the appropriate media.
• Performed quality control to assure that all work adheres to department quality standards, MetLife’s visual identity standards and aligns with MetLife’s brand positioning.
• Managed both physical and electronic assets associated with the production of a project, including photography and illustration, according to department guidelines.
• Prepared vendor specifications and provided production direction to vendors.
• Edited production files, according to business requirements, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Served as the back-up Production Manager. Responsibilities included the trafficking of all incoming work requests, the assigning of jobs and art direction.
Business & Legal Reports Inc.
1996 - Apr 1998 (1 year 6 months)
• Designed the digital pre-press operation for maximum efficiency to shorten schedules and control costs while
maintaining superior design of all advertising pieces.
• Designed catalogs, direct mail pieces and created sales and marketing support materials.
• Supervised flow of jobs and met deadlines on all services.
• Supervised in-house staff of two designers, along with outside freelancers and photographers.
• Responsible for the continued upgrading of computer hardware and software.
• Brought digital photography into the art department and saved $12,400 in the first year.
• Managed art department budget.