- In 2003, Italo Mattia Spada received a Bachelor of Art BA in Product Design at Central St. Martin's College London (UK).
- Since 2003 he has been working as a researcher at the CETMA Consortium in Brindisi (IT) in the field of multimedia and interaction applied to cultural heritage, industrial design, scientific research and training (www.cetma.it).
- In 2005 he graduated Alias / Maya Advanced 3D Animator at SGI in Padova(IT), asserting his skills in the advertising production and post-production field.
- In 2006 he founded the Cooperative Chromakey Group and in the role of an Art Director he plans and realizes media ad campaigns and interactive web applications for several companies, corporations and businesses (www.ckey.it).
- In 2007 he is promoted as Area Manager and coordinates the Virtual Reality Productions and Communication Design research group in CETMA Consortium.
- He is an Autodesk Maya 3D trainer and from 2007 to 2011 he teaches in several institution such as Enaip, Universus, Forcopim, University of Salento, University of Bari and Lecce Academy of Fine Arts, as well as lectures for National and Regional Operational Program of Higher Education in the field of cultural heritage and the automotive industry.
- Italo Spada is currently the coordinator of some activities of several research projects at national and international level in the following areas: technologies for 3D buildings and animation (off-line and real-time), the light and the virtual objects behavior under real-time condition, methodologies and tools for the optimization of different complex geometric patterns, immersive and interactive space design, dynamic real-time tracking of the human body and 3D rigging, augmented reality mobile applications and interaction with dynamic 3D digital content.
February 2004 Turin(Italy) - International Railway Conference
“Automotive design and training methodology ”
July 2005, Brindisi (Italy) –Railway R&D Workshop, “Virtual reality for design approach”