Mid-level Industrial Designer
Jul 2018 - Present (3 years 3 months)
Apr 2016 - Aug 2018 (2 years 4 months)
My mission is to train Engineering students in design-thinking, with the goal of improving concepts, aesthetics, prototypes and user-experience.
Through my process, students learn to meaningfully, creatively, and confidently communicate their ideas in a quick and compelling manner. By training Engineers in 2D concept generation, 3D modeling and prototyping, I help elevate the quality of projects.
• Create design curriculum for ME, EE, CS and Logistics degree programs
• Manage prototype lab for student models and curriculum-based projects
• Teach 3D printing, laser cutting, machining, and fabrication using metal, wood, foam, silicone and composite materials
• Established Visual Communication workshops at beginner-levels to develop sketch and rendering techniques
• Teach methodology for rapid visualization and prototyping
• Provide concepts and develop strategies for student and faculty prototypes
• Forge and nurture relationships with industry partners across a variety of industries
• Design and fabricate tools and instruments for research projects and innovative experiments
• Co-PI for endemic diatom culture research – an economic and environmental project unique to the state of Florida
Lake Wales, FL
Dec 2015 - Apr 2016 (4 months)
My title was earned by expediently conceiving and creating astounding concepts, in teams and autonomously, despite rigid constraints of medium, time, and budget.
• Translated existing physical objects and structures into 3D prototypes for construction in LEGO
• Assembled finished models using LEGO blocks, plates and specialty parts
• Designed and fabricated mechanical structures for animatronics and built low-energy LED installations
• Completed flawless models for use in LEGOLAND global parks, resort hotels and discovery centers
Jun 2010 - Nov 2015 (5 years 5 months)
• Lead for 3D content creation design pipeline.
• Managed global team for on-time content delivery.
• Presentation and instruction in design software and workflow.
• Installed, operated and maintained cutting edge display systems.
• Conducted training and support for software and solutions.
US Business Operations
• US Accounts and Projects Manager.
• Opened Lumiscaphe offices in Detroit and San Francisco.
• Liaison to multi-national sales and engineering teams.
• Technical writer for English technical documentation.
• Conceive and create original content for real-time and web marketing assets.
Accounts Won and Partnerships Created
• Apple, Inc.
• Louis Vuitton
• Faurecia USA
• NVidia Corporation
• Advanced Micro Devices
Design and 3D Modeling
Apr 2008 - Sep 2010 (2 years 5 months)
• Digital sculptor for General Motors and Nissan Virtual Garage.
• Implement and standardize best practices for creating exceptional content.
• Design modeling process for creating highly detailed automotive interiors, exteriors and mechanical components.
• NURBS modeling for Class A surfaces using Autodesk Alias.
• High and low poly modeling expert (Maya) for organic objects and character design.
• Create design proposals using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects software.
• Create renderings using DeltaGen and animations using Maya.
• Build and support advanced marketing display installations.
ASC Global - http://www.ascglobal.com/
Jan 2007 - Apr 2007 (3 months)
Fabrication, Model Maker Internship
Nov 2006 - Jan 2007 (2 months)
Helped Build a full scale movie car