Graphic Designer/ Illustrator/ Art Director/ Production Artist
Apr 2012 - Present (10 years 1 month)
Create designs for internal and client apparel and products.
Assist with sales pitches and product development.
Created successful event T-shirt program for SOFA Expo at Navy Pier.
Manage accounts and design marketing materials for major Chicago street festivals.
Prepare artwork for production and create film for screen printing.
Design marketing materials for in-store events and other businesses.
Design and cut vinyl for window displays.
Artist and Designer
Jun 2004 - Present (17 years 11 months)
-Project managed and designed packaging artwork, graphics and style guides for DesignPac Gifts and its major US retail clients.
-Designed advertisements for the Bradford Exchange direct mail campaigns.
-Illustrated coloring book used to facilitate partnership of Aon Corporate and Manchester United employees and their children.
-Hired to illustrate a mural for Edzo's Burger Shop in Evanston, IL. Since completed, the mural has become the visual centerpiece for many published articles and TV broadcasts.
- Designed poster and website splash page for independent film project which was used in investor meetings to gain funding.
-Created promotional posters and website for the Fortunate Sons (CCR Tribute band) which lead to several successful events and a growing presence in the Chicago area.
- Worked with Creative Director at Neat-Oh! Intl. to design products using Lego and Hot Wheels licenses. Several products approved and in production.
- Mocked-up packages and signage for Neat-Oh! Intl., to assist sales team in acquiring new retail outlets.
Sep 2007 - Jun 2009 (1 year 9 months)
- Designed several Christmas, Halloween, and Easter themed gifts sold to clients such as Target, Wal-mart, Sam's Club, Costco, K-mart and more.
- Illustrated products for requesting samples from vendors in China.
-Researched design and industry trends and turned results into usable style guides.
- Worked within branding guidelines for licenses such as Ghirardelli, Hooters, Starbucks, Keurig and more.
2005 - 2006 (1 year)
- Collaborated with Marketing Director in creating signage, banners and advertisements for large outdoor stunt bike festival with a touring band and food vendors.
- Communicated with manufacturers and printer to create several full-color large scale vinyl banners.
- Designed and coordinated publication of several weekly advertisements in Midwest circulars.
- Maintained and updated used vehicle database listed on company website.
Specialty Publishing Company
2004 - 2006 (2 years)
- Worked with Senior Editor on designing features, cover and departments in a monthly trade magazine with a circulation of 85,000 manufacturing executives.
- Prepared 32 page, full-color publication for press on a monthly basis.
- Worked with President and Senior Editor to design 96 page annual “Factbook” including layouts, cover, and several complex info graphics.
- Collaborated with President and author to illustrate a 32 page children's picture book.