Product and Footwear Design/Develop
Mar 2011 - Present (10 years 1 month)
- Mainly responsible for new design and development projects for SKECHER Mens & Womens Sports/ Boys & Girls USA/ BOBS Division.
- Assist account mangers building CADs and tech packs on special footwear projects for Target, Walmart, Kmart, Matiess, and Payless.
- Work with China development team and factories on all design projects, new construction development, and fitting process
- Manage China development and CAD drawing teams
- Source reliable, competitive, and qualified vendors and factories for both national and international clients,
- Coordinate with division VP on all pre-production and final production processes to insure on time delivery and production quality goals meet customer expectations.
Footwear Design / Freelance
Hong Kong Stunt Team
Jan 2011 - Mar 2011 (2 months)
- Provided footwear design service for a variety of international footwear brands ranging from athletic to lifestyle.
- Assisted Creative Director in preparing presentation materials, such as concept sketches, Photoshop renderings and tech packs.
The North Face
Jun 2009 - May 2010 (11 months)
- Designed wide variety of performance shoe styles for Spring 2011 to help grow running business by 8% and kids footwear by 5%; range includes Alkaline Mid GTX, Alkaline Light, Kid's Alkaline, and Ultra 105 Mid GTX.
- Assisted several side projects, including hiking sockliner, backpack, and shoe sack; developing concept sketches, lineart, colorways, and complete tech packs.
- Helped with few special make-up models and various color Cads for Europe only.
- Engaging and communicating with factories in Asia.
22 Design Studio
Sep 2007 - Aug 2008 (11 months)
- Designed a series of cement rings inspired by architecture and urban life.
- Material testing and concept prototype making.
- Develop and display ideas of packaging and exhibition design by 3D modeling and rendering.
United Seating Industrial Corp.
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
- Designed electric motor-driven recliners and chairs for mass transit system.
- Assisted in building prototype and coordinated with suppliers and vendors.
Fung Tien Electric Co., Ltd
Sep 2003 - Sep 2004 (1 year)
3D Modeling for Bike Frame Manufacturing Department
- 3D models of a wide range of bike frames based on 2D blue prints from technical department, and discussed with clients for further design modification.
- Participated in 2004 Euro-Bike Exhibition in Germany, engaged directly with customers, and discovered customer requirements.