Interior Design Coordinator
Nov 2019 - Mar 2020 (4 months)
Completed 1 yr as a Jr. Interior Designer at Oakmont Senior Living.
Skilled at recognizing how different construction elements affect a project's scope and budget.
Meeting deadlines and attention to detail regarding project documentation and design.
Oversaw all aspects of assigned project from start to finish.
Reviewed & red-lined all architectural & construction documents and issues RFI with approval from Dept Manager.
Presented project to owner and Dept. Manager and worked closely with purchasing manager on deadlines and need by dates.
Traveled to different job sites for Main Building installation and model staging.
Jr. Interior Designer
Nov 2018 - Nov 2019 (1 year)
Assisted Dept. Manager on every assigned project and selecting fabric, furniture, art and accessories with the guidance and approval of the head designer.
Setting up a meeting with sales reps and organized all material and finishes samples in the library.
Selected, purchased and prepared all items for staging with the approval of the head designer.
Traveled to different job sites for staging and Main Building installation with the head designer.
Studio Designer input of all to be purchased items.
Freelance E-Commerce Manager / Admin Assistant
San Rafael, CA
May 2008 - Nov 2018 (10 years 6 months)
* Managing sales, product merchandising and customer service of company's online store. * Created marketing print materials to increase sales from ads and exposure. * Did general administrative work and general data input on Quickbooks. * Shipping and receiving of outgoing and incoming products. * Working remotely and on-site.
E-Commerce Manager / Visual Merchandiser
CHLOE & ISABEL
Jun 2013 - Mar 2017 (3 years 9 months)
* Strategically utilized multiple marketing channels, including direct email and social media. * Created sales strategies for direct and indirect sales, and identifies supporting marketing channels. * Skillfully identified and addressed clients' unique needs, resulting in loyal and repeat clientele * Initiated, developed, and sustained professional partnerships with affiliates * Increased sales through personable and relatable personality.
*Company closed on March 2017.
Product Development Contract and Hospitality
Mar 2016 - Oct 2016 (7 months)
* Collaborated with SPO (Special Product Order) Director in developing products for contract and hospitality, designed value engineered products. * Communicated with overseas vendors regarding quotes, lead times and target price and value engineered designs. * Created SPO product SKUs with AS-400, managed spreadsheets and created PSRs (Product Sample Request) for manufacturers. * Made sure all sample request are on time and did quality check control on all samples and PO'd products before it gets approved by the Director.
Product Development Specialist/Designer
Jan 2015 - Mar 2016 (1 year 2 months)
Designed and developed products base on company's theme, budget and vendor sources.
Collaborated with VP and presented idea boards for new product development.
Constant communication with overseas vendors regarding lead times, price negotiations and PSRs.
Created detailed product specs and SKUs with AS-400 and managed spreadsheets.
Created PSRs(Product Sample Request) for manufacturers, made sure all sample request are on time and did quality check control on all samples before it gets approved by the VP and in time for Merchandise meeting.
Made sure items are tagged with prices and be ready for the upcoming trade shows.
Product Development (Home Decor)
San Rafael, CA
Feb 2011 - Nov 2014 (3 years 9 months)
* Designed home accessories like photo albums, wall decors and picture frames. * Created Planograms, presentation boards and mock - ups for style trends. * Detailed drawings for product manufacturers. * Research and development for new trends and seasonal products. * Collaborated with sourcing and purchasing department for product development.
Product Designer (Home Decor)
Oct 2011 - Jan 2012 (3 months)
* Designed seasonal and everyday home and garden decor and accessories. * Detailed drawings and color/pantone call-out for product manufacturers. * Research and development for new trends and seasonal products. * Collaborated with Creative Director for product price points, materials, color and construction.
Intern to Part-Time Job (Jewelry)
San Francisco, CA
May 2009 - Aug 2009 (3 months)
* Assisted in the creation of handmade jewelry. * Hands on experience in forging, fabricating metals, like gold and silver wire.
Library Assistant (Interior Design Dept)
The Art Institute of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Aug 2007 - Mar 2008 (7 months)
* Kept the Interior Design Departments' material & sample room organized and neat. * Assisted fellow students with interior finish materials and sources.
San Bruno, CA
Dec 2006 - Feb 2008 (1 year 2 months)
* Trained and supervised new hires and made sure company procedure and policies are followed and all the quality of service are met. * Bar tending, made drinks and desserts to order. * Receptionist, cashier, server and stock and food quality checker.
Lara's Gifts and Decors Inc.
May 2001 - Dec 2006 (5 years 7 months)
Designed home décor & accessories sold at Target Stores, Pier1 Imports, Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens & Things, Sears Stores and Wisteria Traveled to Germany, Hong Kong & U.S. for trade shows, new trends, style and design updates and also for product presentation with the buyers. Coordination with clients, vendors, contractors and purchasing agents Translated concepts by price points, geographic considerations & season Tracks department samples and ensures all samples are approved in a timely manner Gather market data on key fashion trends like fabrication, materials, color scheme and design. Product Styling for product shots and catalogs Coordinating with guest designers to define and document aesthetic design intent for the development process. Collaborating with sourcing, manufacturing, purchasing, and outside vendors to maintain design integrity. Collaborating with merchandising, marketing and sales to deliver seamless product message and creating Planograms.