Footwear Color and Materials Designer
Jan 2018 - Jun 2019 (1 year 5 months)
Designing lifestyle and performance footwear collections for key accounts including Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, Eastbay, Lady Footlocker, Fleet Feet, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Marathon Sports, Kohls and Zappos.
• Presenting collections to key accounts.
• Creating all graphics and tech packs for each collection.
• Coming up with themes and creating story boards for collections.
• Travel for trend research, trade shows and sales meetings.
• Working with material developers to find new materials and techniques.
• Product photography for sales presentations and events.
Accessory Headwear Designer
Nov 2014 - Dec 2017 (3 years 1 month)
Designed accessory collections for licensed product including the NBA, NHL, MLS and UFC. My collections for 2016 included high profile products such as the NBA Draft Hat contributed to over 26 million dollars in revenue.
• Presented seasonal and special-make up collections.
• Created all graphics and tech packs for each collection.
• International and domestic travel for trend research, sales meetings, sports events for consumer research and vendor relations.
• Worked with developers to find new materials and applications for designs.
Contract Children's Sweater Designer
May 2013 - Nov 2014 (1 year 6 months)
Created art, trend presentations, and seasonal color palettes for sweater group. I managed other designers when Head Designer traveled and trained new designers on different knit techniques and design programs including Illustrator and Generation Digital. I also presented seasonal collections to the Buyers.
• Created garment flats, graphics, bead, embroidery, and knit artwork layouts.
• Measured specs and updated tech packs.
• Updated product details and images in Flex PLM.
Contract Women's Sweater Designer
Oct 2012 - Jan 2013 (3 months)
Designed detailed sweater silhouettes, beading, embroidery and knit layouts. Set up all presentation boards for Head Designer and participated in meetings.
• Communicated with vendors daily.
• Updated product information in Odyssey.
Freelance Apparel Designer
Jan 2011 - Oct 2012 (1 year 9 months)
Worked with start-up apparel companies designing products as well as helping them create brand identity. Clients included streetwear, childrenswear and womenswear companies. I presented collections to owners and completed all graphic art, digital flats, specs and tech packs for each line.
Textile Design Assistant
Aug 2009 - Oct 2009 (2 months)
Designed and built solar textile prototypes for use in developing countries. Solar bags allowed clean and renewable energy to be harvested during the day creating extended time in the evening for studying and work. A collaboration with Timbuk2 messenger bags allowed visiting doctors to charge laptops and medical equiptment on the go.
Apparel Design Intern
Sep 2008 - Dec 2008 (3 months)
Worked closely with head desginers on men’s and women’s product lines including running, golf and core collections. My daily tasks to support the team included creating and altering flats, setting up tech packs, participating in fit meetings, researching market trends, and setting up presentation boards.