UX Senior Designer and Standards Lead
Jul 2014 - Present (8 years 7 months)
- Provided visual design/design management to web-based applications, for Advisors/Consultants, to support their customers of TIAA
- Collaborated with multiple teams designing a new brand for internal/external applications
- Created and maintain 4 design systems for B2B and B2C products
- Worked with key business stakeholders to understand and translate key requirements
- Provided design direction on all institutional projects, including mentoring junior designers
- Ensured all projects consistently used components and design standards
- Created new components, as needed, along with detailed specifications
- Participated in all UX design review checkpoints with management
- Oversaw a multi-member offshore design/development team and provided instruction, training and guidance
Principal Design Web Designer and Standards Lead
Jun 2010 - Jun 2014 (4 years)
Providing design and style guidance to web-based support tools for Advisors to support their fee-based business, Brokers to support their commission-based business, and a Broker/Dealers site to allow their customers to view/manage their own accounts.
- Create and maintain a Fidelity Institutional Style Guide.
- Provide design direction on all projects.
- Mentor jr. designers.
- Create visual designs and specifications for the entire project team.
- Ensure each project is consistently using UXD Design Principals and Web Style Guide by design review checkpoints.
- Create a detailed development hand-off document for every project after designs are final.
- Provide a UXD QA document of each project's developed build, to ensure all standards and styles are met.
Senior Graphic Designer
Oct 2000 - Jun 2010 (9 years 8 months)
Provided design and style guidance for customer-facing online calculators and planning tools.
- Collaboratively working with the IA and Design team to develop web applications in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Incorporate business partners feed back and usability testing findings to develop planning tools that met their online goals and budget.
- Closely work with developers to ensure branding and standards were met before release.
Community Newspaper Company
Apr 1993 - May 2000 (7 years 1 month)
Lead Ad Designer for Boston TAB and 12 Boston area city/town newspapers.
- Ad design (including the center well)
- Organization and placement of all ads in all newspapers.
- Arrangement of weekly content throughout the pages to be printed.
- Managed a team of 8 designers.
Graphic Designer and Part Owner
Image & Solutions Design Studio
Aug 1988 - Jan 1993 (4 years 5 months)