Principal Industrial Designer
Jan 2009 - Present (12 years 10 months)
Consultant in Industrial Design, Graphic/Web Design, Engineered Product Design.
Senior Industrial Designer
Mar 2011 - Oct 2018 (7 years 7 months)
• Conceptual design development for new & remanufactured train cars.
• Create 3-D computer models, illustrational walkthroughs,
presentation boards, and digital presentations.
• Customize designs of new and remanufactured
traincars to accommodate ADA requirements.
• Build three-dimensional, functional prototype models.
• Program Management and Design of full scale mock-up builds for clients and rail authorities (Nippon Sharyo North American DMU, Amtrak Superliner I, Amtrak Viewliner II).
• Coordinate with external vendors and shop personnel.
• Update/Modernize new interior materials.
• Develop, maintain, and update interior and
exterior signage, murals, & graphics.
Freelance Graphic Design Consultant
Center for Industrial Design in Transportation
Dec 2009 - Dec 2012 (3 years)
• Designed Corporate Logo.
• Layout design for digital and print media.
• Organizing commitee member of the 2011 Brunel Awards
Industrial Design Intern
May 2009 - Aug 2009 (3 months)
- Worked on a special project related to Very High Speed Train Design.
- Conducted trend research, utilized hand sketching, developed floor plans and seating
diagrams, presented final interior and exterior concept renderings.
- Participated in collaborative design ideation on other train/tram/metro projects with Alstom
- Participated in client reviews and in-house design critiques for concept development.
- Gained critical exposure to professional detailing of material selection and graphic design.
Synthesis International Inc
May 2007 - Aug 2007 (3 months)
- Worked in interdisciplinary team of architects, engineers , graphic designers and
- Participated in design processes for building concept ideation.
- Participated in client reviews.
- Met client deadlines.
Boscobel Marketing Communication Inc
Jun 2004 - Jun 2004
- Introduced to the public relations industry.
- Participated in product/logo development and design.
- Utilized personal communication and marketing skills during in-house critiques.