Pompano Beach, FL
Feb 2019 - Present (2 years 9 months)
Develop products based on requirements given to them by Product Engineering Manager. The Product Engineer is expected to complete engineering projects in the time provided. Upon completion of a project it is expected that the product is ready for production.
· Interpret specifications and assignments with full understanding.
· Be able to suggest design or construction changes to increase efficiency.
· Adapting approach to be appropriate for each situation, keeping Production/Operations in mind.
· Makes good use of internal resources including systems, equipment, supplies, and analytical tools, etc.
· Creation of patterns for new products including grading and alteration of new products.
· Completion of new code checklist.
· Creation of trim sheets for new products.
· Maintain revision control of patterns when required
· Creation and maintenance of piece reports when required.
· Creation and maintenance of Pattern Log when required.
· Review and update technical data package when required.
· Product support for PBE and Sub-contractor production when required.
· Digitizing patterns when required.
· Supervise sewers in the production of samples when required.
Sep 2016 - Present (5 years 2 months)
- Develop patterns from physical seat cushions and seat structures in the airline industry.
- Discuss design specifications and parameters with engineers and convert their original proto-type into patterns of separate parts
- Create master patterns for each part using measuring and drafting instruments
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material and cut fabric using scissors or other cutting tools for sample covers
- Create electronic patterns using patterning software and digitizing physical patterns or transferring from CAD software or similar methods
- Create General Part Documents (GPD) using CAD software including sewing notes, instructions, reference images
- Manage release and control of pattern documentation including patterns and general parts documents (work instructions and drawings)
- Mark samples and finished patterns with detailed information such as dimensions, nomenclature,
velcro type/placement, materials, and sewing instructions
- Evaluate and fit-check patterns by making and fitting sample covers to cushions
- Modify existing patterns as required through Engineering Changes Requests (ECR)
Industrial Design intern
Jan 2015 - Sep 2015 (8 months)
- Designed both OEM and aftermarket parts for the boating industry. - Researched and benchmarked lighting seating and storage while documenting for future development. - Worked with a team of designers engineers and marketers ideate prototype and test new products as well as refresh existing. - Utilized my skills in 3D CAD primarily in Rhino Photoshop and Indesign Worked in the shop sanding, painting, and model making. - Sketched concepts and worked through different options with a team. - Collaborated with engineers to make work into viable product.