Game Mechanics Assistant
Knutsford, United Kingdom
Jul 2016 - Present (5 years 5 months)
• Use of XML to create in-game GUI layouts to house art and animation, allowing navigation through game menus.
• On hand development support for game mechanics.
• Creating, prioritising and assigning bug reports to relevant team members. Testing new gameplay mechanics, builds, code changes etc. Use of visual studio remote debugger to help pinpoint source of issues.
• Taking part in daily SCRUM meetings and biweekly Sprint meetings.
• Communicating with all sides of development to get up to speed with certain features, changes, upcoming concerns etc, which I will then relay to the relevant teams/people. This information is also used for test planning which I put into the creation of new test documents for QA use.
• Tracking state of builds in TeamCity and triggering own builds when required.
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Sep 2014 - Jun 2016 (1 year 9 months)
• Testing of video game titles on Xbox360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Windows, 3DS and PSVITA.
• Issue tracking using Jira.
• Completing and updating test documents in Microsoft Excel so that they match the current state of the game.
• Installing builds, DLC and patches
• Use of the companies bespoke in house software and intranet.
• Performing general functionality sanity checks on latest artist data
• Checking Game Design Documents to gain further knowledge of a projects development to aid in testing.
• Assigning tasks for other employees, vetting and sending bugs off to production.
• Communicating with project leads, production and developers
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Jun 2014 - Sep 2014 (3 months)
• Testing a range of video game titles on a variety platforms and operating systems such as - Android, iOS, Fire OS, OSX, Windows, Xbox360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4.
• Issue Tracking using Mantis.
• Writing and completing test cases using Trello.
• Scrum meetings and working hands on with development teams communicating issues and possible solutions.
• Communicating with internal and external development teams.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Jul 2013 - Sep 2013 (2 months)
First Party Quality Assurance Tester
• Entering Bugs and Bug Vetting
• BEC (Beta Entry Criteria)
• Non-native and native bug confirmation checks
• Test cases
• Game Playthroughs and Exploratory testing
• PEGI and ESRB testing
• Sound checks
• Shift hand over email
• Use of DevTrack
Delta Force Paintball
Jan 2009 - Jul 2009 (6 months)