New Britain, CT
Sep 2013 - Present (8 years)
Industrial Design Engineer
Synergetic Industries, LLC
Jan 2012 - May 2013 (1 year 4 months)
• Led ideation sketching, market research, and analysis.
• Reverse engineer products for improved design for manufacturability.
• Create production/technical drawings for customer use.
• Design tradeshow graphics, product manuals, and sales presentations.
• Supervised summer intern.
Sep 2009 - Jan 2012 (2 years 4 months)
• Directed product definition research and development.
• Collaborated with foreign and domestic vendors for product and packaging projects.
• Generated 3D CAD models, foam core mock ups, and physical prototypes.
• Designed/Created packaging and brand identity.
• Responsible for co-branded product line.
May 2008 - Aug 2008 (3 months)
• Developed new toy ideas through sketching, storyboarding, and group brainstorming.
• Refined concepts through hand rendered sketches and foam core prototypes.
• Created Photoshop renderings and final presentation boards.
May 2007 - Aug 2007 (3 months)
• Developed 3D virtual walk-through using 3D Studio Max.
• Assisted designers with research and space layout development.
• Organized material samples library.
63S (E-5 Seargent)
Army National Guard
Jan 2001 - Jan 2007 (6 years)
• 1 year deployment, Kandahar Afghanistan.
• Managed inventory for a 53 member unit while on deployment.
• Certified as a heavy machinery mechanic.
• Built elementary shelters using basic carpentry skills.