Desktop Production Artist
* Main responsibilities included scanning and light retouching of chromes and photographs on a Scitex Smart Scanner. * Pre-flighting, troubleshooting, editing and resizing of documents, trapping and raster image processing Macintosh and IBM compatible applications and postscript files for spot and four color film separations on a Scitex PS2. * Output duties also included Iris proofs and Minolta color laser prints. * Other obligations were maintenance and calibration of all output devices. * Hardware and software troubleshooting, film processing, and mixing of film chemicals.
* Helped start a non-existent art department. * Worked closely with the creative director, production manager and another designer to revamp the branding for the entire existing PartyCity product packaging line. Everything from polybags to boxes got rebranded. * Included billboards, store signage, posters and POP displays.
Jewelry Exporters - Design and produce catalogs, magazine ads, and marketing materials for the jewelry industry. * Lola Products: Cleaning and supplies company - Designed product packaging, Trade show booth graphics & catalog of images. * StoreMaxx: Storage solutions company - Designed packaging for food, and storage containers. Trade show booth graphics. * ClipStrip Corp: Fasteners/hanging solution products - Drew line drawings of products for web and print email blasts. * Crystal Temptations: Candy exporters - Designed packaging for candy consumer goods. * International Playthings: Toy company - Designed packaging for toys and crafts. * White Camel Foods: Gourmet Middle Eastern Foods - Designed food packaging for Hummus food line. * CDLA Foods: Designed packaging labels & marketing materials for seasonal alcoholic drink. Full Time Positions:
Senior Art Director
* With no previous in-house art department, created a cohesive brand library by consolidating & fixing up previously created art. * Developed and implemented standard operating procedures for the company. * Rebranded house brand Surgex, with a fresher more sophisticated look. * Instrumental in the launch of Martha Stewart Essentials brand. Created bottle labels & packaging boxes. * Secured and acted as company liaison with vendors for paper boxes, bottle labels, and shrink wrap canisters. * Annual sales of products rose from $350,000 to $1,200,00 million after Martha Stewart Brand was launched
* Started freelancing assisting in every facet of production and design work, while learning the business of running an ad agency. * Came on board full time January 06 as the studio manager. * Implemented a better work-flow between staff and upper management, thus creating a more productive working environment. * Delegated and oversaw jobs to a staff of retouchers, production artists and designers for the jewelry industry. * Designed, and produced catalogs, magazine ads, and marketing materials. * Served as a liaison between printers and clients when dealing with paper quality and printing techniques. * Maintained by troubleshooting and updating all aspects of the business server, including email and various graphic programs.
Senior Package Designer
* Started freelancing with 3 other package designers to launch the Martha Stewart line of arts and crafts products. * Came on board full time on August 2008 to work on packaging for Swarovski Create Your Style Jewelry Components. * Developed and streamlined a packaging standard procedure for multiple brands within the company. * Duties included structure, die, folds and scores lines, for boxes, clamshell, blisters and polybag packaging. * Very well versed in latest T3 compliance standards regarding lead/suffocation/choking hazards including trilingual regulations.