Creative Content Manager
Apr 2017 - Present (4 years 3 months)
Academic and Student Affairs: Lead designer and project manager conceptualizing and creating visual content for nearly 50 departments. - Strategized over 15 campaigns by YE2017 and executed full-cycle marketing development. - Accepts creative briefs from department leads in the division and develops their creative needs from start to finish. - Mentors student and staff communicators on University brand compliance and - Plans and hosts 5 workshops per year. - Guides designers on effective on-brand communication techniques and makes recommendations on how to effectively develop and grow ideas. - Completes 150+ design and marketing projects yearly while meeting strict deadlines. - Nurtures winning relationships with campus partners across multiple departments to champion future campaign efforts. work includes: team management, editorial management, mentorship, project management, graphic design, creative direction, instructional design, campaign development creative director
Creative Director | Owner
Jan 2013 - Present (8 years 6 months)
Revelry + Heart | Raleigh, NC | January 2013-Present
Successfully transitioned and incorporated my freelance projects as an art director for small businesses into a registered LLC in 2017 that specializes in multifaceted wedding design and personal branding.
— Liaises with clients to create custom-designed wedding stationery, seating charts, and event programs with acute personalization and details.
— Independently established a client base through strong communication, networking, and a reputation as an excellent designer.
— Partnered with clients as a freelancer to translate a vision and make a strong impact on the market with modern, memorable, and effective design concepts.
— Conceptualized and designed brands for startups that reached 5000 people on Long Island, NY.
— Spearheaded and tracked an awareness campaign for Cuchara that increased engagement by 200%.
— Art directed a video for Peas & Karrots, including content acquisition, negotiating with vendors, editing the final product, and overseeing its full lifecycle.
— Advocates for small business’ creative needs and helps them strategize sales and marketing initiatives for brands within their territory.
— Demonstrates flexibility to timeframes and budgets, and adapts the creative approach to a wide variety of industries including previous projects in education, the service industry, networking, and events.
work includes: non-traditional invitations, bespoke menus, event programs, event signage, personal event stationery, photo editing, digital calligraphy, illustrated maps, gift tags, banners, custom seating charts
Visual Art Specialist
Aug 2016 - Apr 2017 (8 months)
Assisted the marketing team bring a fresh marketing approach to make on-campus living not only an attractive option for students, but also benefit the value of the NC state community for faculty, staff and alumni, increasing the perception of the University's brand and already well-noted reputation.
- Spearheaded a campaign to significantly streamline the housing selection process for first-year and returning live-in campus students and achieved a 200% YoY increase in the use of the software tool.
- Created over 22 designs, copywrote email communications, and scheduled messaging for optimal delivery.
- Interviewed, hired, and onboarded interns with specialized skills in video production and social media management to improve workflow and accelerate project delivery times.
- Successfully retained all interns for subsequent academic years to help grow the team.
- Filmed, edited, and produced 8 housing videos to promote the student experience, generating over 4,700 YouTube views and 71K embedded Facebook views.
- Authored scripts for an additional 13 videos and supplied advice for future art direction on filming and production.
- Launched and grew Snapchat to over 31K views, including sourcing and utilizing technology to effectively capture student videos and photos and track metrics.
work included: staff recruitment, print design, relationship building, B2B marketing, customer-facing design, social media marketing, video editing, data analysis, copywriting, email marketing
Graphic Designer | Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Stony Brook, NY
Nov 2013 - Aug 2016 (2 years 9 months)
Communicates powerful ideas and targeted marketing messages to over 20k students at an internationally recognized research organization.
- Conceptualized, designed, and executed dedicated print, digital, and web graphic design for internal marketing activations. - Managed an average of 10 graphic and web campaigns per week.
- Persuasively presented creative ideas to the Faculty Student Association (FSA) marketing team and adhered to strict time and budget constraints.
- Maximized outreach events from small, secondary programs to branded campus-wide collaborations for 20,000 Stony Brook Students each semester.
- Increased the turnout of the Back to School event by 500% through multichannel brand promotion. - Project managed all campaigns and allocated resources.
- Fostered meaningful partnerships between students, SBU departments, and outside vendors in the Stony Brook community by coordinating all graphic design projects and liaising between clients and specialty suppliers.
- Leveraged creative expertise to help drive strategies and future plan campaigns to achieve on-target deliverables. - Positively influenced globally diverse audiences and graciously accepted constructive feedback.
- Led the brand consistency efforts and deployed a high attention to detail.
work included: newsletters, business card formatting, product photography, event photography, flyers for digital and print, infographic design, event design, art direction, video production
Apr 2013 - Aug 2013 (4 months)
Perception Imaging | Holbrook, NY | April 2013-August 2013
Supports a leading offset printing and publishing firm to design and print large-scale commercial projects.
— Provided creative counsel and design suggestions for national and global brands, including The Northwind Group, Aerospace & Defense Diversification Alliance in Peacetime Transition, and local political candidates.
— Adapted and evolved graphic projects for agency clients under tight deadlines.
— Designed direct mail and digital graphics for The Bayport Meadow Estates as part of Northwind Group’s national advertising campaign.
— Proactively mastered new technology and design programs.
work included: advertisement layout design, product development, branding, website design, direct mail
Sep 2011 - Jan 2013 (1 year 4 months)
Collaborated in a team of 3 in a boutique paper shop to design beautiful handcrafted stationery and print materials.
— Collaborated with clients in an intimate one-on-one environment to craft unique and personalized paper products.
— Created personal brand materials for Rockefeller Center event with 80k budget.
— Boosted sales by 10% through suggesting and upselling complementary products.
— Built a strong rapport with clients and educated them on design terminology and technical specifications.
work included: greeting cards, holiday expressions, illustration, customer service, data merge, custom design, sticker design, merchandising, product assembly
Graphic Design (Intern)
May 2010 - Aug 2010 (3 months)
Honed and perfected my design skills at a leading design and publishing house for the poster print and image industry.
- Conceptualized and designed original art and licensed work for FOX, and LiveNation, including The Simpsons and Hello Kitty merchandise for Hot Topic stores.
- Developed, fine-tuned, and updated company website with engaging, user-friendly content. - Spearheaded the front-end development efforts using Wordpress
- Introduced and compiled a dedicated staff resources section which streamlined workflow and stimulated collaboration.
- Demonstrated creative versatility and helped achieve outstanding customer satisfaction ratings.
work included: poster design, memorabilia design, contact sheets layout, pins/buttons design, art prints, catalog spreads, typography