Jun 2014 - Present (7 years 4 months)
Manage and operate a graphics/print shop at Lakeshore Beverage, Chicagoland's Anheuser-Busch distributor. Support approximately 50 Sales professionals that service Metropolitan Chicago and suburbs with A-B products and multiple other beer and non-alcoholic brands. Responsible for designing monthly Grocery Channel programming (Jewel, Berkot's, Tony's, Butera, Mariano's, and independents) and Special Event signage. Supported venues and events include: Guaranteed Rate Field/Chicago White Sox, Wrigley Field/Chicago Cubs, United Center, Allstate Arena, Hollywood Casino Amphitheater, Northerly Island, O'Hare and Midway Airports, Chicago Lyric Opera House, Chicago Auto Show, Lollapalooza, Blues Fest, Chicago Bears Tailgate Party, Southside Irish Parade.
Account Executive CAE2
Tinley Park, IL
May 2011 - Jan 2014 (2 years 8 months)
• Video technical support, diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair. Account sales. Billing specialist. New Hire Trainer. Point-of-Contact. Escalation desk support.
Advertising Graphic Designer
Chicago, United States
Feb 1988 - Mar 2011 (23 years 1 month)
(formerly R.H. Donnelley, DonTech, Donnelley Directory) • Oversee design team in management of critical projects, supporting 50+ Marketing Consultants. • Design directional advertising from concept through completion for clients, including: directory advertisements, covers, tab inserts, coupons, customer logos, web banners and tiles. • Collaborate directly with department and management to streamline processes and procedures. • Complete daily assignments within a 24 hours, attending to rush/expedite requests. • Promote client advocacy to ensure satisfaction via on-site meetings, telephone conferences, and e-mail correspondence. • Produce internal departmental material: PowerPoint presentations, marketing collateral, in-house signage, charts, brochures, etc. • Highlights ~ Recipient of the Chairman's Award for outstanding customer service, 2004 & 2007.
Advertising Design Manager
Orland Park, IL
2001 - 2005 (4 years)
- Directed a team of four graphic designers, providing support to 60+ Marketing Consultants, while fulfilling Senior Designer role.
- Actively participated in Graphics Department and Sales Management meetings.
- Hired, trained, and mentored staff, overseeing all design projects.
- MVP Award winner for outstanding customer service 2005 & 2006.
- Recipient of the CARE Award 2004/2000/1999/1997, and President’s Club 1998.
J. GLEASON & ASSOCIATES
Chicago, United States
1995 - 1995
(Freelance) •Completed commercial projects involving product packaging, design, layout, and photo usage.
Training & Technical Manager
1992 - 1995 (3 years)
- Trained new and existing Advertising Designers on software, directional media layout/design, and specification.
- Prepared/presented training meetings for Advertising Design Department and Sales Training.
- Maintained network, file back-up & tracking, and stock photo/clip art libraries.
- Maintained all Macintosh computer hardware & software, troubleshooting/rectifying emergent issues, and monitoring inventory.
- Acted as Senior Designer during major directory closings and key initiatives.
- Created department training manual on processes & procedures and best practices.
- Provided Macintosh technical support for multiple departments: Communications, Ad Manufacturing/Spec Art, Human Resources, and Creative Services.