Sr. Model Maker
Microsoft Corporation (Nytec full time contract)
Sep 2013 - Present (8 years)
• Collaborated with design team on the development and prototyping of new product concepts.
• Focused on prototyping and evaluation of organic and manufactured materials.
• Assisted engineers with proof of concept models and functional mechanical assemblies.
• Frequently switched between multiple projects while managing demanding deadlines.
• Developed new molding department capabilities including the installation and setup of a heated platen press.
Sr. Prototype Designer/Model Maker
Red Fusion Studios
Mar 2012 - May 2013 (1 year 2 months)
* Timely execution of a wide range of models from early proof of principle functional prototypes to pre-production models.
* Collaborated with internal designers and engineers to develop design concepts and functional prototypes for clients. * Designed and built out new model shop facility enabling more precise and efficient prototyping operations.
* Provided on-site design and prototyping support to external clients including SC Johnson, Inc. & Son home cleaning division.
* Assisted cross-functional home cleaning teams translate user insights into testable solutions
* Managed model shop, including keeping equipment optimized and project resources organized and operational.
Sr. Incubation Prototype Model Maker
SC Johnson & Son Inc. (Adecco Technical full time contract)
Mar 2010 - Mar 2012 (2 years)
* Lead model maker for SC Johnson Home Cleaning Incubation, designing functional and aesthetic models of new to the world products with minimal initial criteria and oversight.
* Constructed functional mechanical assemblies and prototypes with 3D CAD modeling, thermoforming, rapid prototyping, machining, hand work, and heat sealing processes.
* Participated in multiple in-home consumer testing to better understand the users' needs and inform prototype development.
* Identified and worked with internal and external resources to acquire technologies, materials, and services necessary to enable projects.
* Managed the Home Cleaning Incubation shop, including keeping equipment maintained and project resources organized and operational.
* Named in Several SC Johnson Home Cleaning U.S. Patent Applications.
Model Shop Supervisor
2004 - 2009 (5 years)
* Directed model making team and personally executed projects in a timely manner for both national and international customers.
* Clients include Harley Davidson, GE Medical, Johnson Controls, Broan, Smiths Medical, Discovery World, MasterLock, Tyco Heath Care, and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
* Optimized designs, resolved engineering conflicts, generated CAD models and drawings, produced silicone and composite multi-piece molds, finishing and painting, as well as hand construction in various materials and methods.