Sep 2014 - Present (6 years 9 months)
• Design and develop hard and soft goods, which includes; rotational molded storage cases, sewn bags, stage equipment, and storage solutions for the Gator consumer brands
• Co-manage the product development and creation of products for OEM customers such as Fender, Zildjian, Shure, FARO, Harman and many more with a primary focus on the music industry
• Create tech packs highlighting materials, design language, construction techniques, dimensions, specs and hardware details for factory sample development, prototyping, and production
• Develop products for external customers in the music, sports, recreation, and leisure industries
• Implement the New Product Development (NPD) process for a rapidly expanding company with a widening customer base
• Co-develop product development timelines with cross-functional teams to track product progression through the development stages
• Research and document competitive product features, industry trends, and relevant new materials
• Work with domestic and international suppliers to build prototypes, source various hardware and fabric components, and complete final product manufacturing
• Implement new processes to effectively expand the design capabilities of the product development department
• Create and collaborate on innovative product packaging, graphics, and content for all new products for music retailers and online stores
• Extensive knowledge of cut-n-sew materials and processes this includes foams, fabrics, lamination, sonic welding, technical sewing methods, and embroidery.
• Working knowledge of injection molding, rotational molding, metals, wood, and foam
Sales and Visual Merchandising
The Container Store
Apr 2014 - Sep 2014 (5 months)
Daily role includes helping customers receive the best products and service for organizing their homes, offices, and lives. Directly responsible for meeting daily sales goals and helping to keep our stores merchandise in a precise orderly manner in accordance with company guidelines. This allows for a great customer shopping experience, and creates an "air of excitement" in the workplace.
Years of expertise as a professional product designer has allowed me the ability to convert my understanding of product details, materials, uses and other specifics and translate my knowledge into sales, by effectively demonstrating products thoroughly and giving each customer a personal experience while visiting our store.
Striving in my role to create an atmosphere that allows for my growth and development and helping to build strong relationships with my coworkers, this allows for an evolution of skills and the knowledge on how to manage and grow a successful top tier retail store.
Mar 2011 - Mar 2014 (3 years)
• Develop products and collections meeting strict new product process goals.
• Collaborate with the internal innovation team, product managers, marketing managers, engineering team, manufacturers/vendors and outside design-consulting firms.
• Lead research and design related surveys to help determine design specifics, materials, and final product characteristics.
• Color & material specialist striving for the best resources and vendors for products and guiding a cross-functional team toward a final project source.
• Develop customer product and research presentations, full of innovative new products, trend related product data, and product cost goals.
• Guide and implement the updating and cost reduction of currently existing products to aid in profitability.
• Unified the design process through providing customers and buyers with knowledge of what their target demographic should be, details of the existing product marketplace, and future color and material trend predictions.
Translate product opportunities into cohesive consumer organization and storage solutions such as: Shelf-Track Elite™ at Home Depot and Staples. ArrangeMents™ Closet Solutions, Cubeicals®, Threshold®, and Circo® products at Target. Kenneth Cole Reaction Home® at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
Where my creativity can be found: Target®, Staples®, Home Depot®, Lowes®, Walmart®, Bed Bath and Beyond®, Rona®, Masters Home Improvement®, Office Depot®
Industrial Design Intern
Jan 2010 - May 2010 (4 months)
• Worked directly as a part of the innovation team to successfully aid in the design of different products and collections currently in the marketplace.
• Strengthened concept visualization, presentation and layout design through effective 3D rendering with Keyshot and Rhino3D.
• Created the patent information located on the posterior of the next-generation of cookware and kitchen electrics.
• Influenced the design of projects such as cookware, handle design, and kitchen gadgets for specific sub-brands including Kitchen Essentials®, Unison®, and Simply Calphalon®.
• Demonstrated proficiency of ideas through the design of the Precision™ Mandoline Slicer for which a patent is held in my name and spearheaded the user testing, sketching, and preliminary concept generation.
Historical Properties of Hershey LLC
Jul 2007 - Jan 2010 (2 years 6 months)
Specialized in rehabilitating historical properties back to their original glory. Duties included; painting, carpentry, landscaping, custom woodworking, plumbing, and electrical work.
Daily tasks included managing the budget and materials for projects to be completed, and a timeline was set for when each project needed to be finished. It was also necessary to maintain the tools and specialized equipment to complete the projects of each home renovated.