My name is John McNeil Johnston. Since 1998, I have designed web sites as an independent contractor for a wide variety of clients. Specializing in small to medium scale sites and a simple, common-sense approach to information dissemination, I started LightSites, my one-person web design company (sole proprietorship in Wilton, CT) in 2000.
While managing and creating web sites as LightSites, I have been an active independent writer and composer. My writing credits include:
* TEACH - a musical play on the life and death of famed pirate Blackbeard, for which I wrote the book, music and lyrics.
* THE DANCIN' FOOLS - a musical play with book by John Stix & Fritz Krieger for which I wrote all lyrics & music.
* ESSAYS on a wide variety of subjects.
* WEB SITE CONTENT including every word on LightSites.com, in addition to text and other online content updating on all sites managed by me as LightSites.
* Numerous web design proposals which range from the artistically descriptive to the highly technical.
As an independent web designer, I have deployed a wide variety of skills including copywriting, graphic design and optimization, database integration and all phases of web site building and implementation. I have also provided hosting services (as a Hostgator reseller) to my clients since 2012.
I am extremely proud of the fact that all of my design clients have kept me on as webmaster, implementing and managing their online content.
Current clients include:
Jewelers Vigilance Committee, jvclegal.org
John Howard Performance Sports, johnhowardsports.com
Young’s Nurseries, youngsnurseries.com
Wilton Economic Development Commission (in final design phase)
I am also a professional musician, having trained as a composer at the Mannes College of Music in New York City (Bm ’85, Mm ’88), and currently work extensively as a violinist.
My web design portfolio is viewable at www.LightSites.com