Product Development Associate
Jul 2019 - Oct 2019 (3 months)
-Managed communication with international suppliers for the sports and outdoor games categories.
-Successfully updated the packaging style guide for the Series 8 brand.
-Conducted seasonal market research to analyze cross category trends related to color palate, materials, finishes, patterns, icons, verbiage, and product designs on a seasonal basis. The data was synthesized and refined to produce seasonal trend decks for merchant and suppliers' use in product development.
-Successfully negotiated pricing with international suppliers.
Feb 2017 - Mar 2019 (2 years 1 month)
- Designed injection molded plastic toys for children (ages 2 and up), sold in retailers including Walmart and Five Below.
- Conducted and compiled market research into presentations for the product development team and sales team to analyze and inform new/existing products’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Hand sketched toy designs and produced renderings of product concepts using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Built CAD models of toy designs using Rhino and Solidworks for presentation and engineering purposes.
- Collaborated with engineering team on part design, molds, mold layouts, and designing to meet toy safety standards.
- Operated CNC and 3D printer to build foam prototypes and applied final finish for sales meetings.
- Designed consumer assembly instructions to provide direction for the assembly of toys at home.
- Illustrated decorative labels (stickers) for individual products and partnered with supply printer to uphold color and print quality.
- Assisted the director of product development to complete cost sheets to predetermine the white list price and return on investment data. Partnered with buyers, sales team, and operations team to establish timeline and costs throughout process.
- Photographed final prototypes and plastic parts for packaging sales samples and aided in packaging design as needed.
Jr. Product Designer
Sep 2014 - Sep 2016 (2 years)
- Researched fashion, pattern, materials and finish trends, and compiled into trend forecast to inform new product designs.
- Designed 3D renderings of padding and garment designs, using Photoshop, for presentation, print, and sales purposes.
- Constructed pad designs in Solidworks, and designed layouts for family and single molds used in the injection molding process.
- Revitalized the padding and fabric design of the iconic Pro-X Bike Knee and Elbow Pad.
- Illustrated 2D artwork (repeatable and non repeatable) for sublimation printing process on fabric garments.
- Created design briefs and technical drawings of garment designs for supplier reference.
Spectrum Diversified Designs, Inc.
Aug 2013 - Sep 2014 (1 year 1 month)
Industrial Design Intern.
Jun 2013 - Aug 2013 (2 months)
- Conducted and compiled market research into presentations for the product development team to analyze and inform new/existing products’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Hand sketched new product concepts to be manufactured from steel wire.
Beaux Arts Galleria
Mar 2012 - May 2012 (2 months)
-Photographed heirloom found objects made of materials such as bronze, silver, gold, wood, glass, ceramics, leather, and plastics.
-Edited images for E-Commerce platform.
Product Design Intern
2011 - 2012 (1 year)
-Assisted the Graphic Artist with UI Design of Patient Portal Homepages using Illustrator and Photoshop for two consecutive summers.
-Partnered with clients and software developers to finalize UI designs and fix bugs as needed.
-Designed custom artwork for the office space.