Jan 2013 - Present (8 years 7 months)
Ian Rouse Furniture Design
- 2D and 3D design, modelling and renderings.
- Concept Development
- Product Development
- User testing
- Video Shooting and Editing
Designer/ Prototyper / Production Manager Assistant
Weta Workshop Group of Companies
Aug 2012 - Jan 2013 (5 months)
Responsible for the form design, form generation and prototypes of DNA Splicer Male Costume, Prosthetics, Headpiece Helmet. Rewire circuits in the Animatronics Department. 3D prototyped stage arch in the miniature 3D department. Also made files to be laser cut. Assisted laser cutting. Illustrated and painted in the paint studio. Stepped in as the Production Manger’s assistant to coordinate and manage 55 performers and 50 makeup artist over the 3 days of the charity show.
- Raised more than $100,000
- Project Born 2012 shows were completely sold out.
- Raised awareness for the charity group using artistic means to tell the story of what the charity is really about.
Visual/Video Designer/Research Assistant
Feb 2012 - Jul 2012 (5 months)
This Desform Exhibition 2012 was a collaborators project between Bettina Neu(the creator), Simon Fraser, Tim Miller, Ruth Sumner, Jonathan Coats, Annelies Zwaan and myself. We worked both as individuals and also as a team. I was responsible for the video/visual design within the exhibition. The exhibition was organised by Victoria University of Wellington.
Idea Generation for initial visual design and story boarding. Gathering/sorting projects from industry partners, academic research partners, and students; Research into the different stories we want to tell within the exhibition; Reworking the projects into story boards, and the layout of the exhibition; Modelling the exhibition space to a recognized scale with details such as pipe works and space for banners; 3D modelling the different plinths, hanging systems and working out the perfect measurements, materials and quality of each plinths before it was ordered and made; Working with the graphic designer and creator to piece together a visual language that could be used for both the banners and the video while showing the different aspects of the projects; Working with the writer and creator to come up with questions and arguments that provoke the mind; Responsible for Visual and Video design on After-effects; The photography and documentation of the exhibition and the conference.
- This is the first time this prestigious international conference has been held in the Southern Hemisphere which gathered over 500
Professionals, Researchers, Students from 4 different continents together for the conference and Exhibition.
- DeSForM was conceived as "the first international conference seeking to present current research into the nature, character and behaviour of emerging new typologies of co-designed, content rich, connected and intelligent objects within adaptive systems."
- Aimee Whitcroft posted DeSForM – The most inspiring thing I’ve seen in years on Sciblog on April 24
Mar 2010 - Jul 2010 (4 months)
Event Photographer was a part time job I took while I was still at University.
Corporate Media Manager
Feb 2010 - Jul 2010 (5 months)
I was the Graphic Designer for promoting AIESEC corporate. This was a University Club I joined.