Sr. UI Designer & Developer
Jun 2013 - Present (8 years 5 months)
- Participate in the software development life-cycle including: functional definition, user flows, interaction models, user interface design, graphic design, page layouts, color palettes, content style guides and design patterns, wireframes, prototypes, polished visual design, site maps and navigation schemas.
Lead UI Designer & Developer
Sidat Hyder Morshed Associates
Apr 2010 - May 2013 (3 years 1 month)
- Research and track advancements in latest trends of design and technologies i.e. Design & Developments Tools, Responsive Web Design, HTML5 and CSS3, JQuery, Browser Compatibility.
- Interface development using HTML, CSS, JS and JQuery.
- Usability Testing: Problem solving with interfaces and make them not only more user-friendly, but useful as well, by predicting how users will utilize each element of the design.
- Translating a client's content into a functional website and mapping a website's structure.
- Determining all coding requirements for site front-end development including: Enterprise web applications, e-commerce capability, forms and grids.
- Code integration and maintenance of web applications developed in Java, .Net and PHP.
- Design and front-end development support to the offshore development team.
- Technical designs for a set of mobile/tablet applications.
- Conceptualizing and creating intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent User Interfaces for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Symbian OS.
- User experience support for enterprise level web, desktop and mobile applications.
- Direct interaction with clients to discuss the ideas for design and development of web and mobile applications.
Web Graphic Designer
Aug 2009 - May 2010 (9 months)
- Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas.
- Presenting ideas to clients.
- Meeting with clients and adjusting designs to fit their needs or taste.
- Projecting budgets and schedules.
- Working with programmers, developers and printers to complete the final product.
- Interact with internal accountants and external providers for the clearance of checks and payments.
Feb 2008 - Jul 2009 (1 year 5 months)
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material and amendments after meeting.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Designing an animated environment that includes backgrounds, sets and objects.
- Creating each frame as a design and then animate the objects.
- Video Editing making sure things meet the scene and sound requirements.
- Using Maya, After Effects, Premiere, Sound Forge and others.
- Working as part of a team.