Marco Balsinha is a Portuguese Designer, awarded in several international design competitions and sustainability, with a B.A. degree in Product Design from Faculty of Fine Arts - University of Lisbon (2003-2008) and Master in Product Design at the ESAD, Caldas da Rainha (2012-2015). He presented his Master's dissertation in late 2015 with the title: Uroboro - A domestic ceramic vermicomposter (LCiP awarded).
He is since 2016 an internal Industrial Designer (R&D) at TENSAI industry - COLD and PLASTIC division. He is also involved in several projects related to design and brands as a freelance designer and investigation and a part of the Collective Designer’s Mint: a "multidisciplinary creative office".
Marco worked as a Product Designer and Head Designer at Abrakadabra (2008-2013), with an independent manufacturing unit and a manufacturer of Furniture for kindergarten.
Marco’s research interests focus on innovative environmental sustainability solutions and the optimisation of production lines using design as key factor to achieve its purpose.
- Uroboro winner of LCiP (Life Cycle in Practice) Portugal 2016 By LNEG
- Uroboro finalist of GREEN PROJECT AWARDS
- Origem project AWARD on Favourite Design
- Bazar project winner of Favourite-design - 17 MARCH 2013
- Just Mobile Design Competition 2011
- Italbox Design Competition FinalistEditar