Chief Creative Officer CCO
Los Angeles, CA
Jul 2021 - Present (1 year)
Womens yoga and activewear design.
Sourcing, product development and production.
Brand voice and social media developement.
Grew Instagram account by 10,000 within 6 months organically.
Wearable Technology Activewear Designer
Santa Clara, CA
May 2018 - Dec 2020 (2 years 7 months)
* Design Womens and Mens tops and bottoms with wearable technology components.
* Source fabrics and yarns domestically and internationally.
* Book fit models, lead fit sessions, revise tech packs with fit comments, revise digital patterns in AI.
* Collaborated with internal and external business partners to adhere to stringent timelines by prioritizing technical development, ensuring high-quality garments.
* Maintained company grades, tolerances and fit standards.
* Identified potential production, quality, and cost issues and
make recommendations to safeguard brand integrity.
Womens and Mens Apparel, Accessories Designer
Paso Robles, CA
May 2015 - May 2020 (5 years)
* Concept, Market, and Trend research.
* Manage Technical Design team to ensure fit and quality standards are consistently maintained.
* Work with CEO, VP, and Merchandisers during fittings to determine style intent and end usage by the consumer.
* Manage and maintain multiple product categories for mens and womens working closely with factories on fit implementations and construction standards.
* Travel overseas to work with mills, seamless factories, and fit technicians to ensure quicker approval to production.
San Francisco, CA
Jan 2019 - May 2020 (1 year 4 months)
* Womens, Mens, Kids, Baby Apparel designer.
* Concept, Design and Technical Design.
* Lead fit sessions, updated tech packs with fit comments and pattern revisions.
* Worked with overseas vendors and mills for seasonal trim development, fabric development, lab dips and strike offs.
* Managed all product categories from initial pass-off to TOP stage for both Technical Design and Product Development departments.
* Established company-grade rules, block library, construction library and Standard Operating Procedures for both Product Development and Technical Design departments.
Santa Rosa, CA
May 2018 - May 2019 (1 year)
* Womens and Kids wovens, knits, denim designer.
* Source fabrics, trims, prints, and factories domestically and internationally. Meet with mills at tradeshows, negotiate pricing and minimums.
* Lead fit sessions, revise tech packs with fit comments, revise patterns in AI, communicate with factories.
New York, NY
Sep 2017 - Jul 2018 (10 months)
Womens Outdoor Apparel Design
Managed a team of 5
CAD, Concept, Sourcing and Tech packs
Outerwear, Woven tops and Bottoms, Knit tops and Bottoms, Fleece
Womens Activewear and Swimwear Designer
London, United Kingdom
Jan 2015 - Jan 2017 (2 years)
Domestic and International sourcing for womens activewear and lifestyle wear post surgery.
Creative direction, CAD, tech and spec.
Womens swimwear, tanks, shorts and capris.
Performance Hat Designer
Radiant Crown LLC
Feb 2015 - Dec 2015 (10 months)
Domestic and International sourcing for unisex athletic performance hats.
CAD, tech and spec.
Santa Monica, CA
Mar 2011 - Nov 2015 (4 years 8 months)
Launched Borelli with the new idea of a scarf designed for working out and have since lead the expansion to include multiple product lines: mens, kids, baby and trend forward infinity scarves with reclaimed USA made textiles.
Garnering 50+ sales outlets spanning 5 countries through cold calling, pop up shops and private trunk shows.
Sourced domestically and managed production with our factory in downtown Los Angeles.
Created the marketing and social media communication platform.
Apparel and Accessory Designer
Mar 2012 - Jan 2015 (2 years 10 months)
CAD swimwear, tops, bottoms, jerseys, accessories and outerwear for: volleyball, beach volleyball, golf, softball, baseball.
Sold through Mizunousa.com, specialty retailers and Dick’s Sporting Goods stores.
Military Outerwear Designer
Virginia Beach, VA
2013 - 2015 (2 years)
360* view CAD design for US Patent Office.
Sourced military grade textiles.
May 2013 - Aug 2013 (3 months)
CAD and tech packs for knit tops, knit bottoms, dresses, swimwear, outerwear and woven tops.
Run Apparel Designer
Los Angeles, CA
Jun 2011 - Jun 2013 (2 years)
Post-acquistion product refreshes and ongoing new product design.
Worked with the new CEO I worked on Illustrator CADS and domestic tech packs.
Military & Baseball Accessories Designer
Dec 2012 - Apr 2013 (4 months)
Designed Mens and Womens apparel for the US Military. Worked with domestic manufacturers. Sourced fire retardant textiles and notions.
Apr 2012 - Aug 2012 (4 months)
BORELLI Design and Oakley have entered into a co-branding arrangement on BORELLI drirelease scarves. The high-performance, multi-use wraps that are being marketed by Oakley have both the BORELLI Design and Oakley logos imprinted on them and can be used as a scarf, dress, skirt, blanket, or even a yoga mat carrier. Look for the colorful wraps being proudly worn by Oakley’s stable of world-class athletes at a variety of sporting events.
Yoga and Fitness Apparel Designer
Green Apple Active
Aug 2010 - Jan 2011 (5 months)
Design, spec and tech for the Marmaxx group (TJ Maxx and Marshalls).
Design, spec and tech for Mens active and street wear.
Graphic design for branding and company promotion.
Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandiser
Apr 2009 - Oct 2010 (1 year 6 months)
Managed a staff of 15 to exceed sales targets and community outreach.
Head of trend and color research for the Southern California region.
Led training sessions in management, merchandising and product.
Merchandised the store weekly and trained a team of successors.
Designer, Creative Director, Production Coordinator
K Active by Kerri Walsh
Jan 2007 - Apr 2009 (2 years 3 months)
• Designed and directed an active lifestyle collection with Kerri Walsh, 2 time Olympic gold medalist.
• Managed production, from sketch, spec, tech pack, sample to production.
• Conducted fit sessions with technical designers.
• Oversaw manufacturing team comprising of quality control, pattern makers, sample sewers and production sewers.
• Managed production timeline. Ensured all orders were delivered on time.
• Head of company promotions including designing graphics for marketing materials and website.
• Sourced fabric, trims and notions domestically and globally.
Assistant to Vice President of Design
Victorinox Swiss Army
Sep 2006 - Dec 2006 (3 months)
Updated tech packs for global production.
Filed and recorded all textiles and trims.
Conducted trend research and created seasonal theme boards.
Concept Design Assistant
Feb 2006 - Jun 2006 (4 months)
Researched and developed knitwear for the 2006 Women's US Open.
Liaison between concept designer and in house graphic designers.
Public Relations Associate
Cate Mowell Communications
Sep 2004 - Jun 2005 (9 months)
Head of west coast public relations for Chibi, a European brand specializing in luxury active wear and loungewear.
Directed correspondence between the head designer, sales representatives, and magazine editors.
Created and presented a sales pitch for a potential client who later became a preferred customer.