Advanced Concepts Designer
Huntington Beach, CA
Feb 2018 - Jul 2020 (2 years 5 months)
• Worked within ZEO. Safran Cabin’s Design and Innovation Studio.
• Created cabin layouts for lighting, seating, and other cabin monuments
• Design and assembled full scale mockups for internal R & D as well as fully
functioning proof of concept for OEM’s.
• Worked closely with department VP, engineering, graphics, and trim & finish
• Created concepts, background research, functioning models, and
presentations for Uber Elevate, Mitsubishi SpaceJet, and Boom Supersonic.
• Instituted a Baseline Lavatory Configurator for Engineering Department to
refer to for lavatory projects.
• Worked with building management to create new office layout for Vice
Presidents and production management.
• Designed and built furniture for Vice Presidents and other office staff within
newly created office layout.
Aug 2015 - Jul 2017 (1 year 11 months)
• Focused on concept development and supported engineering design projects.
• Developed new LED lighting concepts for clients and created parts for sustainable products in theater and commercial applications.
• Design process included ideation sketches through final computer rendering. Created 3D printed parts for testing and evaluation.
• Created photorealistic lighting application renderings and animations for Engineering/Marketing/Sales departments for use in presentations, proposals, application guides, training, and website
• Assembled fixtures for various product testing to improve overall performance, linear and spot optics, diffusing film, baffles, shields, louvers etc.
•Reported directly to VP of R & D and Director of Marketing. Also worked closely with company CTO
TAL International Corporation
Feb 2005 - May 2015 (10 years 3 months)
• Designed ceiling fans, lighting collections, thermostats, remote controls, and retail packaging through research, ideation, and control drawings with manufacturing details, marker and computer renderings for final presentation.
• Proprietary designs sold through three Fortune 100 companies and other showrooms delivered $4.1MM incremental sales.
• Designed for multiple complex fabrication processes and materials including casting, stamping, injection molding, resin molding with abs, acrylic, glass, aluminum, zinc, steel, wood, and other various materials and finishes.
• Finalized control drawings and design prints for Research and Development projects.
• Confirmed prototypes for manufacturing and provided solutions for aesthetic, material, assembly for design accuracy, technical standards, quality control, finish and color matching.
• Traveled to Taiwan and China to meet with R & D department and vendors/clients to research new trends, materials and product ideas. Presented concepts and prototypes to clients.
• Ceiling fans published in Residential Lighting, Better Homes and Gardens, and Home Lighting & Accessories magazine.