Principal Enterprise UX Design Manager
Sep 2018 - Present (2 years 9 months)
- Principal Enterprise UX Design Manager leading UX design globally for Honeywell Aerospace focusing on next generation avionics (Human Machine Interfaces) and connected aircraft services for Business Aviation, General Aviation, Urban Air Mobility, and Helicopter hardware / software design, hybrid propulsion, and on-demand urban air mobility.
- Part of Honeywell Aerospace User Experience Leadership Team reporting directly to the Global VP of User Experience for Honeywell Aerospace.
- Winner, Honeywell Technical Achievement Award for Bendix King touch enabled AeroCruze Autopilot User Interface. Fewer than 1% of Honeywell Engineers have won this award to date.
- Winner, Good Design Award 2018 for AeroVue Touch Primary Flight Display avionics system.
- McKinsey Digital Strategic Marketing training program.
User Experience Enterprise Leader
Jan 2016 - Present (5 years 5 months)
- Lead and manage Honeywell User Experience globally across Bendix King Avionics and Honeywell Aerospace Engines & Power Systems business.
- Definition and execution of global UX design strategy for Bendix King and Honeywell Aerospace Engines & Power Systems.
- Develop and implement Bendix King and Honeywell Aerospace Engines & Power Systems brand architecture and design language.
- Scoping, estimating, and developing UX resource plans for Bendix King and Honeywell Aerospace Engines & Power Systems projects.
- Provide clear, consistent voice on end-to-end user experience design to project teams.
- Facilitate and lead UX design and ideation sessions.
- UX functional leader on enterprise leadership team defining user experiences and design strategies for next gen connected avionics hardware, software, connectivity, IoT, customer product & support, and digital customer experience.
Sr. Industrial Designer / Brand Specialist
Nov 2009 - Dec 2015 (6 years 1 month)
- Sr. Industrial Designer / Brand Specialist at B/E Aerospace R&D focusing on value creation through new product development and client engaged aircraft interior programs.
- Winner, 2016 Good Design Award for B/E Aerospace Advanced Design Group - Meridian Economy Class Seat.
- Special Mention, 2016 German Design Award for MiQ Universal Design Business Class Seat.
- Winner, 2014 Red Dot Design Award for MiQ Universal Design Business Class Seat.
- Finalist, 2013 Spark Design Awards MiQ Universal Design Business Class Seat.
- Winner, 2012 Good Design Award for MiQ Universal Design Business Class Seat.
- Design and development with Hella Jongerius / JongeriusLab for new KLM World Business Class Seat.
- Speaker, APEX 2011 Seattle "Passenger Journey Mapping for Insight Driven Brand Alignment".
Senior Industrial Designer
Sep 2008 - Dec 2009 (1 year 3 months)
Senior Industrial Designer designing next gen Acela high speed train sets and branded collateral. Passenger journey mapping, brand experience auditing for Acela high speed rail service. Brand design advisor for Club Acela Lounge, New York Mets Citi Field, NYC.
Industrial Designer/Brand Specialist
May 2004 - Sep 2008 (4 years 4 months)
- Winner, Condé Nast Traveler Innovation and Design Awards 2008 for United Airlines International Premium Products First Class Suite.
- Finalist, Businessweek/IDSA Award 2008 for United Airlines International Premium Products First Class Suite.
- Finalist, 2008 Crystal Cabin Awards for United Airlines International Premium Products First Class Suite. Hamburg, Germany.
- Speaker and panel moderator, Aircraft Interior Design & Cost Management Conference 2007. Nice, France.
- Speaker, Aircraft Interiors Expo 2006, Hong Kong.
Graduate Research Assistant
North Carolina State University, College of Design
Jan 2003 - May 2004 (1 year 4 months)
Developed branding/design workshops for undergraduate product design studios. Worked with Assistant Dean of Research at NCSU, College of Design, Office of Research, Extension, and Engagement submitting grant proposals relating to energy conservation and enthalpy devices.