Freelance Graphic Artist & Designer
Dec 2014 - Present (6 years 9 months)
- Freelanced designing tattoo concepts and pre-sketches for clients in 2013.
- Concept Development, Digital Painting, Photography, Modelling, & Talent Recruitment on post-apocalyptic steampunk grunge photography series titled "Coppercloud". Website feature of the first series will be up soon, as well as a web-poster trilogy campaign, conceptualized & designed by yours truly,
- Short-lived internship at FashionKitchen Magazine, a kitchen-themed magazine-catalogue project that unfortunately was dropped by it's creator. Contributed a photo series and design consultation.
- Website Design/Development to host the fictional zombie apocalypse blog written by client, Jesse Wooley.
- Conducting photography for local life-couch & avid mountain biker accompanied with a video shoot.
- Looking at an opportunity to design a website for Flowers Express, a small child company of The Heart Company that sells hydroponic plants and designs air terrariums. The site will include an interactive page for custom designing, and will aid in growing the child company's product range and widening it's target market.
- Commissioned to write and illustrate a series of thematic graphic teen novels through a small creative committee contributing ideas and concepts, writing, illustrating, and contributing concept art communicative of my ideas and more for both the novels as well as an accompanying series of children's work books and picture books for a younger audience.
- Branding & developing my co-founded design business, The Watercolour Cult.
- Recently commissioned to design & fine tune a musician's demo website.
- Hired by a local artist to market and digitally brand his artwork for sale online. Hired by the same artist to model a character for inspiration to his vampire novel series.
- Recently commissioned as a texture artist & shader illustrating a city with a mixture of Japanese and Syrian culture and artistic techniques. I was chosen for my experience in Japanese ink painting.
Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 (1 year)
Most notably signed as the face of Nirvana Photography Studio's boudoir series.
Portrayal of main protagonist, Asahi, in post-apocalyptic steampunk grunge photography series titled "Coppercloud". Coming Soon.
Self-portrayal in accompanying photo series to Jesse Wooley's post-zombie apocalypse blog series on "entertheapocalypse.ca". Coming Soon.
Light Technician/Set Designer/Backstage Hand Technician
Rebel Haunt Theatre
Port Moody, Canada
2011 - 2013 (2 years)
Rebel Haunt Theatre is a Port-Moody-based outdoor theatre that creates and performs Micro-Epic Theatre in and around Port Moody, recontextualizing locations, objects and text to find the unity of small and large in the “universe of the heart”. In a blend of poetry, story-telling, expressive movement, music, and audience interaction.
I designed lighting systems for outdoor performances with only flashlights and reflectors. I co-designed, painted and sometimes illustrated props and set pieces, and illustrated panplets. I was also responsible for general backstage shenanigans.
I also provided background character acting, and also had a major role in their play "Entschuldigung", which was performed three times at the Ioco Ghost Town Celebration, the Port Moody Public Library, and the Rocky Point Skate Park... to the surprise of the skaters.
I also co-wrote the play "Scavenger Heart".
Theatre founder and director, Sarah Dixon often described me as "[her] rock".
Stage Light Technician
Broken Wing Theatre
Dec 2008 - Feb 2012 (3 years 2 months)
Stage Light Technician, '09 - '12,
Tainee in early 2009, Full-time stage technician specializing in stage lights & lighting for theatre by mid-2009, and also designed and built props and stage sets.
Certified Genie Lift Operator.
Head Technician by mid-2010, managed a small team of stage technicians, communicated instructions to junior technicians, listened and collected ideas from the team, and pitched set design and lighting system plans & concepts to the theatre director and stage manager.
Co-trained two technicians, 2011
Co-taught a stage technician class, 2012.
I also worked with the Rebel Haunt Outdoor Theatre for two years, 2012-2014, designing light systems with only three flashlights and reflectors, amongst other work.
Watercolour & Japanese Ink Paint Artist
2009 - 2010 (1 year)
Used watercolours and Japanese Ink Paint to create landscape, concept, and abstract paintings, and successfully sold them at bazaars and farmer's markets across the Vancouver Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Included an unfinished paint series, "The Dragonfly War", of which only one painting remains in my possession.