A & C
Oct 2013 - Present (7 years 7 months)
- Involved in the process from concept, development, sourcing and sampling for upcoming Women’s Denim and Sportswear collection with Technical and Production teams.
- Led design direction and concept for Fall 2014 capsule collection and developing Spring Summer 2015 collection.
- Working closely and developing with sample maker, following up with sampling, fittings and production.
- Communicating and working closely with wash houses from concept to final samples.
- Developing closely with local full packaging company in creating logo, labels, hardware and trims.
- Visually presenting, communicating design direction and concepts to PR company to be used for press reviews, pulls and gifting
- Working hand in hand with in-house sales team to visually merchandise a cohesive collection.
- Creating mood, concept boards by constant market and trend research through editorials, online and store visits.
- Working very creatively, sketching by hand and computer, creating color stories, playing with fabrics and materials.
- Part of Fall 2014 Capsule Photo shoot, working closely with well known photographer, stylists and make up artists.
Feb 2013 - Mar 2014 (1 year 1 month)
-Follow up and work closely with local factories and vendors in Los Angeles
-Organize and update fabric library
-Source fabrics for existing collections
-Hand sketch designs for tech packs and design board
-Update design board, linesheets and line plan for existing brands
- Involved in the process of 3 different brands, The Eternal, Sonima and Marigot which is a mix of Women's Contemporary, Yoga and Sleep wear
Freelance Assistant Designer
Oct 2012 - Feb 2013 (4 months)
-Closely assisted Head and Associate Designers through design process
- Created and updated line sheets for line presentations and design meetings
- Worked closely with first pattern makers creating pattern request, while also working with technical team to fix design sketches
-Occasional fit model for first samples
BCBG Max Azria
Jun 2012 - Oct 2012 (4 months)
-Worked closely with in-house sewers, pattern makers and production team.
-Participated in delivery presentations for the current delivery.
-Worked intensively on Web PDM, creating styles, trim and design cards.
-Created cutting tickets and sent out duplicate dress samples to show rooms in Los Angeles, New York and Paris.
Design Intern Knits & Sweaters
White House Black Market
Jun 2011 - Aug 2011 (2 months)
-Collaborated with Knits and Sweaters team to develop designs, inspirations, color and fabric stories for the current season.
-Assisted in creating style, line and cost sheets through excel and Web PDM.
-Participated in milestone meetings such as Sketch Review, Fabric, and Model try-ons by supporting designers with keynotes about the meeting, setting up final design, fabric and mood presentation boards.
-Researched trends for Summer 2012 by collecting key images online from competitors and various designers. Presented ideas and images to design director.
Intern/ Sales Associate
May 2010 - Oct 2010 (5 months)
-Represented the American Apparel Brand to customers through clientele relations, individual service and personal image.
-Met key performance indicators such as sales quotas and commission.
-Coordinated,arranged and promoted in store events to boost sales.
Foreign Exchange Inc.
Sep 2009 - Dec 2009 (3 months)
-Provided assistance to all customers and answered questions about product line.
-Organized store and maintained cleanliness.
-Supported visual team with window displays.
Abercrombie & Fitch
Jun 2008 - Jul 2009 (1 year 1 month)
-Communicated actively with team members and customers.
provided styling feedback to customers.
-Maintained store esthetics by folding,arranging and cleaning to convey Abercrombie and Fitch image.
-Represented the brand through clothing and styling choices.