May 2015 - Oct 2017 (2 years 5 months)
Commissioned and managed external creative agencies, and oversaw an array of photo and video projects. Assessed market position and trends, devised social media marketing strategy, and presented to senior management. Forged and sustained high-performance production and design teams.
• Played integral role in the successful launching of a global rebrand.
• Generated seasonal campaign creative assets, which dramatically increased new membership sign ups and reach annual utilization goals.
• Broadened exposure through travel to Berlin, Montreal, and New York to art direct photo and video shoots for high impact national campaigns.
Owner / Photographer
May 2010 - May 2015 (5 years)
Headed studio management team and social media marketing promoting studio space rental, and commercial photography services. In addition, orchestrated networking events, fashion photography workshops, and film screenings. Pivoted the company to offer video production services, assembling casts and crews for clients.
• Completed multiphase projects involving budgets up to $350,000.
• Commended by Austin Statesman for proactively facilitating brand-building community events.
Senior Interactive Designer
New York, NY
Jan 2001 - Dec 2008 (7 years 11 months)
Accountable for leveraging knowledge of CSS to visually maintain dynamic, high-traffic websites, with emphasis on the design and maintenance of 30 pro baseball team sites and the MLB.com portal.
• Acknowledged for developing streamlined production process to lead teams of over 25 staff to coordinate content using a CMS driven layout, wherein MLB applied the model to acquire contracts for other sports leagues, without expanding the design team exponentially.
• Worked with developers on iterations of the MLB.com mobile app prototype for iPhone, which evolved to be one of the highest grossing sports apps currently available in the iTunes store.
New York, NY
Jan 2000 - Feb 2007 (7 years 1 month)
Freelance Art Director (Video) (2010 – Present)
Freelance UI/Graphic Designer (2000 to 2015)
Interactive Designer for SmallWorld (2000 to 2001)
Adjunct Professor for Memphis College of Art (1997 to 1999)