Senior Designer - Branding & Event
Apr 2015 - Nov 2018 (3 years 7 months)
• Develop and design graphic artwork for My Little Pony projects, ranging from packaging line-looks, to in-store displays, to merchandising guides.
• Fully engage in the creation of brand collateral for events, such as wow statements, point of emotion, and giveaways (t-shirts, posters, etc.).
• Prepare numerous presentation decks for milestones such as Creative Reviews, Comic Con and Toy Fair proposals, and new brand pitches that are shown to upper management.
• Bridge gaps between teams outside of graphics, manage and art direct fellow designers and vendors, and offer creative solutions and insights when requested.
• Participate in many brainstorms and meetings with aforementioned cross-functional teams, to ensure that the brand vision is consistent across the board, both internally and externally.
Senior Graphic Designer - Packaging
Nov 2013 - Apr 2015 (1 year 5 months)
• Lead and managed the graphic design work for packaging for the My Little Pony and Equestria Girls brands.
• Was the first package designer to work on the brand(s) after the split of Brand and Package Design, which proved to be challenging as well as fruitful.
• Oversaw and managed work done by vendors, temp employees, and full-time package designers.
• Engaged in constant collaboration with partner teams, such as Marketing, Brand Design, Packaging Structure, etc.
• Developed packaging for My Little Pony’s exclusive toy offerings, such as capsule programs for Target and Toys"R"Us, as well as limited edition San Diego Comic Con products.
Mar 2012 - Nov 2013 (1 year 8 months)
• Developed and executed many designs for children’s ‘creative expressionism’ products.
• Involved in the creative development of Model Magic, Color Wonder, and Spark play patterns.
• Intensive research, group brainstorming, and calculated artistic steps were part of the process in creating fresh new design layouts.
• Oversaw and managed work done by interns, associate designers, and freelancers, as well as outside vendors and Crayola Hong Kong.
• Constant interaction with the marketing and sales team, as well as licensors such as Mattel, Nickelodeon, and Sanrio.
• Package, product, and trade booth designs were featured in the 2013 Toy Fair.
Contract Graphic Designer
Nov 2010 - Jan 2012 (1 year 2 months)
• Designed for one of the world's largest and most recognizable toy companies.
• Responsible for the layout and composition of toy line packaging and collateral for Tonka, Kre-O, and Star Wars, among other brands.
• Ultimately in charge of seeing package creation from start (rough compositions) to finish (final printed product sold in stores).
• Created signage for the 2012 Comic Con as well as collaborated with companies such as Mountain Dew and DC Shoes to produce limited edition collectors items.
• Also had the opportunity to briefly work with other Hasbro brands like Mr. Potato Head, Chuck and Friends, and Littlest Pet Shop.
Aug 2008 - Nov 2010 (2 years 3 months)
• Given jobs ranging from product and package designs to instruction sheets and catalog layouts.
• Worked with prominent licensees such as Disney, Nickelodeon, the NHL, MLB, NFL, and MLS.
• Designed magazine ads for Baseball America and Little League Magazine.
• Shot and edited action and product photographs used for packaging as well as for websites such as Target.com.
• Worked closely with production managers to reach desired designs for products and packages.
• Prepared artwork for print by creating files that were eventually sent to the main print factory in the Far East.
Graphic Designer & Prepress Operator
Jan 2006 - Aug 2008 (2 years 7 months)
• Responsible for the creative direction and preparation of files for wide format printing.
• Designed outdoor advertising, such as billboards and transit graphics for CBS Outdoor and Clear Channel.
• Other forms of print media included car wraps, mall barricades, and even Burton snowboards and surfboards.
• Had the opportunity to work with well-known companies such as Samsonite, Dunkin' Donuts, and CVS.
• Traveled to numerous client offices to stand in on meetings and discussions about future design ventures.
• Aided in the creation, artistic direction, and development of the company’s two websites.
• Also participated in the printing, cutting, sewing, and all around preparation of printed media.