Jul 2019 - Present (2 years 4 months)
• Creating packaging for non-durable consumer products such as household cleaners (Clorox, SCJ, Pine-Sol), paper products (Glad), and BBQ tools and accessories (Kingsford).
• Develop dielines for new products.
• Designing patterns for disposable paper products such as plates and cups.
• Creating both physical mock ups and digital renderings for sales meetings.
• Occasionally create large signage for office.
• Assist in creating and implementing new protocols for creative department when necessary as we grow.
Oct 2018 - Present (3 years 1 month)
• I design pet product packaging, for both licensed products and original designs
• Create die lines and concepts for new products
• Photograph product when necessary and clip, clean and color correct in Photoshop
• Create art for web and large signage for trade shows
• Create mock ups of packaging for sales presentations
Freelance Graphic Designer
Jun 2018 - Oct 2018 (4 months)
• Freelanced at Penn-Plax through Lloyd Staffing. I worked on pet product packaging.
• I also continue to create marketing materials for Hair We Share.
Senior Packaging Designer
New York, NY
May 2017 - Jun 2018 (1 year 1 month)
• I design packaging, PDQs and pallet skirts for legging/hosiery products for men, women and children.
• Create and install large signage for showrooms.
• Coordinate and oversee photo shoots.
• Communicate daily with vendors in China and Pakistan to assure proper printing of
packaging and approve printed samples prior to bulk printing.
• Communicate with licensors to maintain brand identity and standards and get approvals.
• Occasionally source paper, hooks, hangers and art supplies.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Oct 2016 - May 2017 (7 months)
• I maintained a website I created for a client 5 years ago. http://www.ljdrdavisfoundation.org
• Created sell-sheets and packaging for a merchandiser of non-food supermarket products
• Created marketing materials such as a media kit, event banners, brochures, invitations, Facebook images for a non-profit called Hair We Share.
• Freelanced at PSEG – created poster, booklets, inserts, flyer, post card.
Garden City, NY
Jul 2006 - Oct 2016 (10 years 3 months)
• Layout and design packaging, labels, wraps, stickers, CDU/POP displays, logos, inserts, palette skirts and die lines using InDesign and Illustrator
• Work with Photoshop creating silos, color correction, and optimizing images for print and web
• Create large signage for shows, presentations and showroom
• Art direct photo shoots - scheduling shoot, prop shopping, prepping food, arranging products and directing photographer to create an appealing image of products
• Utilize Aquent’s Robohead program to manage and track projects, communicate with project managers, sales and copy editors
• Manage visual assets by using company naming conventions and keywording
• Create composites of packaging for client presentations
• Prepare and preflight files for vendors
• Created style guides for a various Farberware product lines
• Mentored and oversaw work of freelancers and less experienced staff
Nov 2004 - Jul 2006 (1 year 8 months)
• Illustrator - Created composites for packaging, CDU/POP displays, die lines and logos
• Photoshop - Creatied silos, color correction and optimizing images for web
• Quark - Created printed collateral and packaging
• Dreamweaver & Flash - Designed and created websites (front end only)
• Proofread and preflighted files for printer and proofed color standard samples