I have had a strong interest in design from an early age and was able to develop this on the BA (Hons) Product Design degree course at Southampton Solent University. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the course and felt very fulfilled that my chosen area of study had been in Design. During the course my work was selected for two National Design Award competitions at Degree level. My design experience outside of University has been mostly working freelance producing logos, flyers and posters for events and producing logos, marketing brochures and literature for properties I have both managed and developed.
• Indepth experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Rhino 3D and AutoCAD.
• Competent individual who can express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others.
• Confident in visualization skills, hands on model making and CAD.
• Great understanding of user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs when designing.
• Oriental Food Packaging and Modern Age briefs selected for National Design Awards at Degree level.
• Confident in working as part of a team and willing to take the lead and push ideas forward.
• Able to contribute to group design discussions and acknowledge constructive criticism from others.
• Strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
• Capable of communicating clear and concise design ideas through the use of finalised presentation board and models.
• Ability to confidently present to an audience through class presentations as well as liaising with fellow colleagues to gain constructive feedback whilst in the design process.
After leaving university I had the opportunity to go into property management and more recently property development where I have been able to use utilise many transferable design skills. My most recent development was the conversion of a former Children’s Home into eight two bedroom apartments where I developed the site working with structural engineers and architects to obtain the planning and then developed the site to sale.
Design generally from graphic to architecture, fitness training, yoga, football, nutrition and cooking, reading, music and travel.
To gain work experience within the design sector where my creative initiative, ideas and genuine enthusiasm will allow me to progress forward.