Jul 2013 - Present (7 years 11 months)
Artengo is exclusively distributed through Decathlon retail stores and is strongly increasing its market presence on the Asian market through its exclusive Badminton product range.
- Create Artengo badminton brand design language and product identity.
- Be to create exclusive world class Badminton products for both Asian and European markets. Being the first local designer 100% dedicated to Artengo, have the responsibility of setting up and developing Artengo’s design expertise in China and create a strong link with the European teams.
- Create the product; graphic designs of the worldwide Badminton product ranges starting from the product manager’s brief to the follow-up at the supplier’s of the validated design.
- With the support of the local teams and through a structured market observation, be responsible for identifying the relevant local & global market trends (seasonal creative themes, colors, graphics, trims, decals, effects…) and creatively translate them on the future collections.
- Follow up; development role will be to guarantee the quality of the designs with the suppliers; Artengo’s local development centers, from the first sketch to the final product. In addition, be the privileged local contact for the European design teams for the development of all the racket ranges for tennis; squash, table tennis at Artengo’s dedicated development centers.
- Manage external design partners (schools, freelancers, trainees).
Opple lighting series (cooperated with Build company), dining table light, lounge&bedroom light, floor light WeiLiGuang LED bulb design * Sali Video acquisition device range design, improve Sale brand reorganization * Konic (a Taiwan trade company) electronic product design such as monitor, desktop camera
Mothercare [ China Sourcing Division
Oct 2009 - Apr 2013 (3 years 6 months)
Mothercare is the world's number one specialist retailer for mums to be and parents of young children, comes from UK. *
As the 1st Chinese product designer in Mothercare, be responsible for researching, conceptualising and developing new products in response to a brief or through the results of innovation sessions *
Liaise with the UK buying team to understand the market needs and help to develop briefs *
Work closely with the UK/China Design and Design Technology team to develop products from initial concept to production *
In conjunction with Product Engineer work closely with supply base to develop prototypes to products and subsequently in to production against agreed time constraints *
Support the Product Engineer in identifying product opportunities for the Mothercare ranges through existing and new suppliers * Create concept presentations for review *
Research industry trends for colour, material and finish. Conduct brainstorming sessions using tools such as Mindmapping, Six hats, journey mapping etc. Successful Projects Description, Mino - Compact fold stroller range Steel / Aluminum (Mother & Baby Award 2012, Silver Prize, Best lightweight buggy/stroller) *
Responsible for styling and user experience on hard goods and soft goods, push this project to mass production against critical path Blokit - Innovative stair gate range From brainstorming to tooling, including brainstorming, narrowing concept, cooperating with engineer to make sure final product pass EU test standard, cost down to meet target market Orb - Aluminum Spin new designed push chair seat Myhi - Contemporary baby high chair, redesign the concept to make it feasible in commerce and production *
Participate in Mothercare Pushchair range, took over Mimic (baby push chair) hard goods & soft goods design before tooling
Electrolux [ China ]
Mar 2008 - Feb 2009 (11 months)
Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use, comes from Sweden.
- Implemented global design strategies and designing products for the Asia-Pacific market and design management - Responsible for all phases of design, conceptual sketching, model making, rendering, 3D design, user interface design, packaging design *
- Evaluated product design ideas for feasibility based on factors as appearance, function, and estimated cost and market characteristics. *
- Developed conceptual mechanical ideas and created solutions of mechanic with R&D, worked closely with R&D to develop innovative, user friendly and ecological responsible high quality products *
- Collected, combed, and analyzed the information and trends of color / material / feature.
Sr. Industrial Designer
Compupal [ Group
Oct 2005 - Mar 2008 (2 years 5 months)
] corporation Compupal is one of the worldwide leading manufacturers in computer speaker & portable speaker field. Set up the product identity and guide the team through the domestic brand establish - Delegate design tasks to team members, ensure the whole design team work well together and increased productivity - Followed up mechanical design and tooling process, maintained products final outlook. - Created schedule in collaboration with Sales, led the design team tracking it - Coached new designer and provided technique support. - Collaborated on cross-functional development teams with sales and engineers to implement creative product design - Concept design to find new business opportunities for the creative consumer division and offered new service to clients
Electrolux [ China ]
Mar 2004 - Aug 2005 (1 year 5 months)
- Participated in Electrolux Globe-design. Integrated Globe-design language into Chinese kitchen product line planning *
- Responsible for all phases of design, conceptual sketching, model making, rendering, 3D design
- Conducted research, collected and analyzed data, sought to exceed customer expectations
- Developed conceptual mechanical ideas and created solutions of mechanic with R&D
- Made product analysis of Electrolux and the competitors.
Shanghai X-plan Design Company
Aug 2002 - Mar 2004 (1 year 7 months)
X-plan is a design firm focused on home appliance design - Led efforts on product design sensitivity for form, colour, proportion, and other visual and tactile product dimensions - Successfully introduced 15+ new products for 10+ projects to China market in one and a half years - Responsible for developing useful, usable, desirable products, in addition to develop more innovative designs