Product Design professional with experience in all phases of product design, innovation, development, and manufacture with the proven ability to create, connect, and innovate, driving projects from concept to market on time and on budget. I have worked extensively throughout North America, Asia, and Mexico, working with corporations, suppliers and manufacturers to successfully bring products to market. I have experience in and comfort with working directly with consumers, getting dirty in a workshop, presenting in a boardroom and troubleshooting on a manufacturing floor, across time zones. I am a natural design thinker, with the experience and ability to work through ambiguity, delivering tangible business results.
• Product Design, Development, Sourcing and Manufacturing expertise in connecting Desirability, Feasibility, and Viability to deliver holistic solutions driving business value.
• Global Leadership experience in Product Design, Development and Innovation, in both corporate and design agency environments, maintaining multiple offices across regions.
• Design Thinking expert and Front End Innovation leader.
• In depth knowledge of materials and manufacturing, including plastics resin types, molding, fabrication, assembly, and decoration, paperboard packaging and commercial offset printing, metal manufacture and fabrication, ceramic production and decoration, glass, confectionery, food processing and gum manufacturing. Fluent in CPSC and FDA regulations.
• Confectionery and gum manufacturing specialist, fluent in confectionery, chewing gum, and chocolate manufacturing, materials and processes.
• PC and Mac fluent – Microsoft Office, Project, Adobe CC, SolidWorks, Keyshot, SketchUp, Corel Draw Suite.
• Travel domestically and abroad (China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan, Mexico) for product development, troubleshooting, and production startups.
IDSA, SPE, AACA, NSRA