Brunch and Budget
Jul 2018 - Oct 2018 (3 months)
● Met with clients in-person and via video conferencing to discuss their financial concerns.
● Onboarded clients onto the financial planning platform, wrote follow up summaries, and drafted recommendations.
● Reviewed client’s cash flows to set more realistic spending targets and to raise spending habit awareness.
● Led client advocate calls to help with any financial matter that needed to be done on a monthly basis for most clients, and quarterly for others. For example, calling student loan companies to inquire about student loan forgiveness, getting credit card charges removed and calling investment companies to help rollover qualified retirement funds.
Financial Planning Associate
New York Life
Aug 2014 - May 2018 (3 years 9 months)
● Identified issues with client’s current financial situation and to design a well thought out integrated recommended plan that addressed client’s goals, gaps and shortfalls.
● Created and delivered financial planning content at various conferences, in person visits and webinars- particularly new planner certification training.
● Worked individually on financial plans and recommended solutions.
● Shared best practices regarding case design to ensure planners and staff are engaged in an efficient and repeatable process.
● Leveraged Salesforce data to strategize and identify training opportunities.
● Led software demonstrations to new subscribers which reduced incoming support calls by 15%.
● Occasionally tested and gave feedback on new software programs and communicated updates to existing programs.