I am an industrial designer and for the past decade I have practiced out of Toronto under the brand Holtzundmetal. I am also a recent graduate of Carleton University’s MDes program. My work has been exhibited in numerous web, print, and gallery locations nationally and overseas. My expertise lies in designing wood and metal furniture with a focus on sustainability, cost efficiency, beauty, and high-functionality. Currently I am using bio-inspiration to develop concepts for the Toronto market. My academic research focuses on positively effecting designers inspiration levels to assist in the development of innovative ideas. Currently I am active presenting findings of this research at conferences and in academic settings. I am currently operating as a design consultant with intentions to apply my skills and experience for a larger firm.
• Presenter, DRS Conference Montreal, 2010
• Presenter, Staging Sustainability Conference York University, 2011
• Lecturer, Business Faculty Sheridan College, 2011
• Invited presenter, DRS Conference Bangkok, 2012
• Presenter, Pecha Kucha #13 Toronto, 2012
• Presenter, IDSA Boston Conference, The Future Is....., 2012
• Exhibiter, ‘Come Up To My Room’ @ Gladstone hotel, Toronto, 2008 &2009, URL: www.wetheconsumed.com
• Recipient, Ontario Arts Council financial award, 2008
• Exhibiter, ‘Swell: 30 Days of Sustainability,’ Vancouver, 2007.
RECENT MEDIA EXPOSURE
• Ottawa Magazine, February 2012: Title, A Story With Legs. A full page feature in the biannual magazine touching on my research into bio-inspired furniture design.
• Carleton Alumni Magazine, 2012: Chosen as a ‘notable alumni’ for feature in Carleton’s year-end Alumni Magazine
• Carleton Magazine, 2011: Product feature for ‘We The Consumed’ flat-pack ‘talking’ lounge chair.
• Modern Karibou Blog: Title, An Interview With Peter Wehrspann. URL: http://blog.modernkaribou.ca/2009/06/
• Toronto Life Television, 2009: Feature Interview for publicity of ‘Koma Collective’ design exhibition.
• Eye Weekly, Feb 21 2008: Full page feature for publicity of the ‘We The Consumed’ exhibition.
• Azure Online, Feb 20 2008: Noted alongside with prominent and up and coming designers for publicity of The Gladstone Hotel’s ‘Come Up To My Room’ exhibition.
• Gardening Life, Summer 2008: Product feature for the ‘Ideal Source’ sustainably built exterior deck chair.