Jan 2018 - Present (4 years)
• Leads the design and development of men’s accessory collections, with a focus on small leather goods, across licensed and proprietary brands
• Conceptualizes and executes designs that fit into seasonal stories and specific brand needs
• Researches and informs the team on the latest trends, materials, colors, and technology in design and fashion
• Creates detailed technical drawings for factory partners and manages tech packs in PLM system
• Oversees the creation of showroom displays and visually merchandises products
Freelance Industrial Designer - Bags & Accessories
Aug 2016 - Dec 2017 (1 year 4 months)
• Partner with start-ups, design firms, and manufacturers to create new, innovative products. Clients include PDT, Tillak, and Zero Friction Golf.
• Establish design strategy through consumer insights, trend analysis, and market research
• Quickly generated concept sketches and tech packs of new designs
Bag Designer - Golf Bags, Accessories, and Gloves
2010 - 2016 (6 years)
Led design of Nike’s global golf bag and glove line, focusing on innovation. Oversaw product creation from concept to production. Translated category creative direction into seasonal strategy appropriate for bags and gloves. Partnered with development and product management teams, ensuring design feasibility, meeting price points and product creation timelines.
• Designed the patented Nike Hyperadapt Carry, a modular golf bag that adapts to unpredictable weather with lightweight, waterproof construction and four removable pockets.
• Transformed product category, initiating new, modern design language driven by athlete and consumer insights.
• Streamlined product line and material palette by collaborating with development and product management teams.
• Aligned bag and glove designs into Nike Golf’s seasonal product offering by teaming with equipment, apparel and footwear product creation teams.
Senior Product Designer
Vernon Hills, IL
2004 - 2010 (6 years)
High Sierra is known for feature-rich, versatile, and affordable lifestyle gear.
• Steered design and development of High Sierra’s main product lines: back-to-school backpacks, adventure travel luggage, and outdoor packs.
• Established creative direction, line plans, and product briefs by partnering with senior management and sales.
• Created packages of technical drawings and supporting information, effectively communicating product attributes.
• Coordinated development with overseas vendors, ensuring design integrity, meeting price points and timelines
Product Designer I
Vernon Hills, IL
2001 - 2004 (3 years)