Design Manager / Footwear
FIFA, Amigo group, Mumbai
Jul 2012 - Present (9 years 2 months)
FIFA, DUNLOP, NO FEAR, EVERLAST, DONNAY, KANGOL ,LONSDALE
• Seasonal range planning and execution aligned with the timeline calendar.
• Study fashion/trend/color forcast.
• Creation of guideline for the seasonal design through theme/mood board.
• Market research to build a competitive range.
• Frequent design presentation to internal teams.
• Presentations to different channel of buyers, as part of seasonal road show.
• Finalization of designs as per the business plan given.
Product Development & Sourcing
• Generation of Material bank, color palette, surface techniques etc by closely working with the suppliers.
• Development and sourcing of Trims, accessories printing & packaging material.
• Vendor development.
• Product prototype reviews and feedback to the factories.
• Product final approval and manufacturing guideline to the factories
Sr. Designer (Footwear)
Jun 2011 - Jul 2012 (1 year 1 month)
Designer ( Footwear )
Oct 2008 - Jun 2011 (2 years 8 months)
Responsible for the category of men's casual footwear (leather and canvas footwear).
Providing concepts for footwears, soles, and various graphics through sketches and design software.
Looking after all creative and technical part of branding work for men's category.
Range planning and range building.
Sourcing shoe components.
Designer, (Sparx, Product Development)
RELAXO FOOTWEAR LTD (SPARX)
Nov 2006 - Sep 2008 (1 year 10 months)
Conceptualize and create design collections by developing prototype sample shoes followed by range for all categories (Men’s/ Ladies/ Children) combining influences of trends, fashion, sport and lifestyle.
Market surveys to keep abreast competitive environment in terms of pricing, product introductions and new launches.
Sourcing and procuring of footwear components, upper and lining materials, accessories from different vendors.
Coordinating with the marketing team, merchandisers and manufacturing units.
Making recommendations for the development of systems and processes.
Aug 2005 - Oct 2006 (1 year 2 months)
A.V.T, Chennai (One of the leading manufacturer of Leather goods & Footwear, India)
Developed the complete Summer-Spring range 06 (Ladies) for the buyer, VERHULST, Netherland.
Coordinating with the buyer and customer, understanding the perspective and requirement and necessary amendments.
Worked for many other buyers like HUGO BOSS, GABOR, MARC, GEOX, PRIMIGI, ROHDE etc.
PROFFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & ACHEIVEMENTS:
2 Yrs Diploma in Footwear Designing and Production from Central Footwear Training Institute (Ministry of India), Chennai, 2005.
Got the industrial exposure in CARLTON OVERSEAS PVT LTD. in the field of product development for the duration of two months