Graphic & Experience Designer
May 2017 - Present (4 years 6 months)
May 2016 - May 2017 (1 year)
Freelance Graphic and Display Designer
May 2015 - May 2016 (1 year)
Clients: Canadian Tire, Tridel, Toronto Hydro, Coorslight, justeat.ca, The Ex-CNE, Pink Frog, Loblaws, Globe & Mail, The Guardian
- Created immersive event activations using one of a kind elements such as a Life-sized Gingerbread Village, an Interactive Phone Charging Station, Motion-activated Gigantic A/C Unit, Rocking Horses for Adults, 7 Unique Sleds for a Toboggan Race and such other innovative participatory experiences.
- Proposed strategic exhibit and event designs addressing problems related to visitor traffic, booth mobility, refurbishing, site condition, structural requirement, drayage, fire regulation and similar other logistical issues.
- Developed working/construction drawings and photorealistic 3D renderings in SketchUp.
- Compiled RFP proposals and client presentations.
- Produced graphic artwork for ads, posters, invites, banners, vehicle wrap, signage, way-finding and infographics.
- Managed print files for production (preflight) considering resolution, PMS color code, bleeds and crop marks, cardstock and size, print proofs, fonts, dielines and vectorizing artwork.
- Collaborated with lead designer to ideate, develop strategy, design, logistics and execution.
- Handled procurement and production including sourcing of elements to execute within budget and time constraint.
- Managed accounts including client communication, pricing, contracting, invoicing and review.
- Researched new exhibit building materials and practices.
- Experienced with aluminum extrusions, metal, millwork, scaffolding, prefabricated modular systems and fabric/vinyl/acrylic/foamcore displays.
Exhibit and Graphic Designer
Jul 2010 - Jul 2011 (1 year)
- Create environment and graphics for Corporate marketing, Sports events, PR stunts, Grassroots and Viral marketing, Mobile tours, Guerrilla marketing and RFP’s
- Design for tradeshow exhibit and brand environments
- Create portable, multi-use and easy-to-assemble furniture, room-divider and exhibit kits
- Working knowledge of Vinyl printing and router-cut Sintra display production
- Branding, typography and logo design
- Produce quick hand sketches, floor plans, 3D renderings and client presentations
- Create spec sheets for budgeting
- Develop production drawings
- New material, building techniques and artwork research
- Purchase of stock-images, request material quotes and ordering
- Coordinate with client, event manager, vendor and production team to follow projects through completion
- Handle multiple projects with short turn around times
Feb 2009 - Mar 2010 (1 year 1 month)
- Interactive Website Design for businesses and organizations offering sports, commerce and legal services.
- User-Interface Design of HR portal and Employee self-management software application.
- Business requirement gathering.
- Information architecture solutions, organizing and classifying content considering cognitive and cultural factors with respect to target audience.
- Visual layouting, graphic illustration to communicate Brand identity.
Contemporary Furniture Center
Mar 2009 - Jun 2009 (3 months)
- Residential Interior Design
- Print and Marketing Design
- Understanding user lifestyle and providing user-centric solutions within budget.
- Sales and Administrative responsibilities
Design Visualization Lab, UIC
Aug 2006 - May 2008 (1 year 9 months)
- Mentored students in Illustrator, Photoshop and Rhinoceros.
- Maintained computer lab and executed administrative tasks.
- Designed interactive study spaces for students.
Interior Design Consultant
Jul 2003 - Aug 2006 (3 years 1 month)
- Worked as a design lead in a cross-functional team of designers, contractors, suppliers and manufacturers from project scope to manufacturing.
- Developed time schedule and work breakdown structure.
- Estimated material quantities, specifications and budgeted cost.
- Delegated tasks and supervised work on site.
- Responsible for timely completion of projects.
Madhav Joshi and Associates
May 2004 - Jan 2006 (1 year 8 months)
- Assisted senior architects in designing- International Convention Center (BUA: 2.2 million sq ft), Residential School (BUA: 40,000 sq ft), Sports Complex (BUA: 70,000 sq ft)
- Developed floor plans, elevations, sections, legends and schedules using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Produced detail formwork drawings to cast decorative spouts.
- Developed drawings for built-in wardrobes, window/door/plumbing installations and tilework.
- Design evaluation of user circulation pattern, space mapping and economical building services utilization.
- Prepared the set of project drawings, material specifications, estimates and product samples.
- Produced 3D Max renderings, presentation drawings and building models for client review.
- Prepared permit drawing for municipal building authority review
- Attended site meetings with contractor and civil engineers.
Elephant Design Pvt. Ltd., India
2006 - 2006
- Interfaced directly with client, marketing, manufacturing and design teams to develop sustainable point of purchase display systems for the world's largest FMCG company and the world's top-selling diaper brand.
- Generated hand sketches, renderings and 3D models for design review presentations to the client.
- Prepared Solidworks/AutoCAD drawings for manufacturing.
- Well experienced with materials like plastics, wood, metals and fabrics.
- Worked in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
- Created retail environment based on brand experience.