Design Program Manager
Feb 2011 - Dec 2015 (4 years 10 months)
Design, manage perceived quality and research trends for global automotive leather supplier.
- Key OEM accounts: Responsible for global OEM accounts in Asia Pacific including Volvo, Ford, GM, Nissan/Infiniti, Jaguar/Land Rover and Peugeot/Citroen.
- Designer: Create design concepts for custom perforations, stitching, quilting and whole seat design. Realize designs into renderings and physical samples and work towards solutions for production.
- Perceived Quality: Work closely with customers and internal teams on grain, hand feel and color development from initial design phase through product validation for production. Responsible for delivering leather products in the right appearance and specification.
- Leather Expert: Knowledge of entire leather creation and finishing process and additional operations such as perforation, embroidery and quilting. Provide training to customers and new team members. Attend leather shows to seek new technologies and finishes.
- Trends Research: Research from online and print media and attending various design shows including leather, automotive, lifstyle and home furnishings. Share trend reports with customers and global Eagle Ottawa design team. - Special Projects: Coordinate and present biannual leather show to customers in China, Korea and Australia.
San Francisco, CA
Jan 2009 - Feb 2011 (2 years 1 month)
Worked with clients including Parnu Inc, Kaldoora, Solteras Inc, and DesignNMind.
- Designer: Various products including patent-pending luggage strap and other travel accessories, hand-held
electronics and housewares packaging. Client presentations with mood boards and renderings of design concepts, test prototypes, design and develop custom hardware. Design packaging, sales collateral, and trade show graphics,
complete with production-ready artwork.
- Product Developer: Sourcing for production, direct communications with overseas factories, create technical
drawings including material, color and sewing specifications and manage sample comments, revisions and approvals.
Follow through on all products and packaging until ready for shipment.
- Branding: Establish design language through logo, packaging and business collateral for Parnu Inc. Redesign logo
and packaging graphics for DesignNMind.
Owner, Creative Lead
San Francisco, CA
Feb 2009 - Feb 2011 (2 years)
Sole proprietor of online retail shop specializing in eco-friendly products for crafts + DIY. Wear multiple hats including
creative direction and project management.
- Designer: Take in-house designs from concept through production. Create tech packages, physical prototypes,
research and identify colors, materials and finishes, and design prints. Travel domestically and internationally for trade
shows, market research and inspirations.
- Handmade Artist: Design and hand make paper goods, i.e. envelopes and gift packaging, out of existing product line
such as wrapping papers and color masking tapes. Experiment with laser cutting and screen printing techniques on
reclaimed wood and repurposed packaging materials.
- Product Developer: Sourcing of materials and manufacturers, communications with domestic and overseas
factories, costing, and coordinate material purchases and delivery dates according to production schedule.
- Branding: Create brand identity including logo, business collateral, website and product packaging.
- Buyer: Understand customer’s wants, buy hard-to-find products while adhering to Tinted Mint aesthetics and eco
standards, compare costs with like products, product pricing, place POs with vendors, and establish new vendor
- Administrative: Coordinate trade and craft show exhibits, website updates, attentive customer service, order
fulfillment, product photography, e-mail newsletters, ad placements, detailed travel itineraries and bookkeeping.
May 2008 - Nov 2008 (6 months)
Based in Switzerland, worked with team of four designers of different disciplines to create a concept collection for the
HUGO brand under its Creative Director, Eyan Allen.
- Designer: Designed men’s and women’s shoes, men’s laptop bag and product packaging. Developed custom last
for men’s footwear. Created mood boards for present and future direction of HUGO, designed using flat sketches,
renderings and 3D paper models. Made multiple presentations to Creative Director and other departments for feedback
and confirmation. Traveled to Paris and Milan for trends research, visiting shops and exhibitions. Traveled to main
headquarters in Germany for design reviews.
- Product Developer: Created tech packages, including full-size paper prototypes, for men’s and women’s footwear,
bags and packaging. Researched and specified materials, sewing specs and worked with footwear and accessories
pattern makers and craftsmen for finished, working prototypes. Traveled to factories in Italy for product development.
- Project Management: Coordinated schedule and ensured timely progress and completion for the 2-day photo
shoot of our collection in Berlin. Followed through with progress and delivery of footwear, accessories and packaging
prototypes. Edited our collection presentation book.
Gregory Mountain Products
Nov 2006 - Apr 2008 (1 year 5 months)
Designed soft goods for boutique outdoor industry company, focusing on their Japanese lifestyle market.
- Designer: Designed Yellow Label, a new label for Gregory targeting working women in Japan with an active lifestyle.
Collection based on first-hand research of trends and user behavior in Tokyo. Pieces ranged from small accessory
pouches to totes. Developed custom technical fabric and hardware. Updated other product lines with new color ways and prints on seasonal basis. Color forecasting 9-12 months in advance for both Japan lifestyle products and domestic
technical packs. Liaised with domestic and overseas vendors. Traveled within US and to Japan for trade shows and
- Product Developer: Coordinated and approved lab dips, sample print runs and new materials. Coordinated materials
and colors for production, tech packages and traveled overseas to factories for product development. Researched new
materials and hardware.
- Branding: Established design language of Yellow Label. Creative lead on its branding including product label, brand
story, packaging and graphics.
- Project Management: Efficient juggling of multiple timelines and projects, ensured timely execution and delivery of
products to production. Followed through with vendors and factories for necessary materials and samples.
Color + Materials Design Intern
California United States, United States
Jan 2006 - May 2006 (4 months)
Collaborating with other Color Designers, proposed color and material palettes for 2007 Bevel concept car.
- Researched materials, created color and material mood boards, and presented colorways in 2D. - Analyzed concepts that can be realized for actual prototype. Collected material samples for evaluation.
- Assisted in interior design project for a production car. From different design sketches, distilled and translated them into new sketches in "block" forms, which can be cut from foam with traditional shop tools to create a full-size mock up of the car interior.
- Design reviews with Engineers, Exterior and Interior Designers of this project to ensure a uniform vision. - Meetings with vendors for new material collections. www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do jsessionid=DB60F013355494C0CD42ABE0CD248F8F*id=425&mid=171