West Palm Beach, FL
Jan 2012 - Present (9 years 8 months)
For over 6 years 3DK has worked to disrupt norms and innovate within the additive manufacturing industry! From our onset we have
had many great moments. My Responsibilities:
● Developed the widely-used series of 3D Printer Test Kits. (3DPTK, Graphica, & 3DPTK v2)
● Created 'Quin' and 'NiQ', the world's first 3D printable Fashion Doll and Action Figure you can freely manufacture at home.
● Ran 10 successful Kickstarter campaigns over 3 years! -Supported by a worldwide network of 3D printing enthusiasts.
● Awarded a Utility Patent by the USPTO for developing a system whereby 3D printed objects are bound to other objects.
● Created and currently manage a huge library of digital assets that continue to be leveraged and licensed. (Patent, Skulls & Characters)
Sr. Product Designer, Design & Development Lead
Boca Raton, FL
Jun 2016 - Feb 2019 (2 years 8 months)
Originally known as ‘The Bridge Direct’, I had the pleasure to join and work internally with TBD as it transitioned into Basic Fun! and partnered with multiple other toy companies. (Uncle Milton, Tech 4 Kids, KNex, GeoWorld) Recently I have taken to working with them in a freelance capacity. My Responsibilities whilst working in-house:
● Managed all development and turnaround cycles for many notable licensed products. (MLP Reissues, Star Wars Xcavations, Thomas Bath Toys...)
● Directly worked with Sales & Marketing Heads, Hong Kong Teams, as well as Licensing Partners to great effect and success.
● Provided internal concepts that accomplished market release. - Was a big proponent for internal ideation.
● Created and managed network of digital art and digital sculpting teams that were leveraged many times for fast and accurate results.
● Created and orchestrated workflow for multiple departments to bring Oyo Sports HUGE product line inhouse for rebranding.
Digital Sculpting Lead / Directional Artist & Dev.
Jun 2003 - Jan 2013 (9 years 7 months)
For many years I worked closely with Sculpco as a very active freelancer providing directional art for the sculptors and clients. As Sculpco transitioned from a traditional wax studio to a digital studio(2011), I was afforded the opportunity to begin working in-house and lead the sculpting team with their transition to the new digital platform. My Responsibilities:
● Managed and provided illustrative work needed by clients to guide sculpting or concept ideation.
● Wore many helping-hand hats and always stayed close-by to the action, as I was (and continue to be) a toy-industry groupie.
● As Lead: Worked with the world's largest toy mfrs: Oversaw the sculpting of various IP from project proposal to completed project.
● As Lead: Maintained a fleet of Freeform CAD Sculpting Stations. (Freeform is a top of the line sculpting system)
● As Lead: Would often incorporate my 2D drafting skills to further instruct team and get us to a successful and timely project finish.
● As Lead: Maintained a working knowledge of many manufacturing and rapid-prototyping techniques.
Development Director / Partner
Friendly Fire, LLC
Mar 2009 - Jun 2011 (2 years 3 months)
A trial by ‘fire’ inventing firm, Friendly Fire was my first foray into partnership within an Inventing Firm, where I was largely in control of the day to day directives. My Responsibilities:
● Worked directly with Toy Mfr. Inventor Relations teams to determine directions and initiatives, while factoring in lean resources.
● Managed, developed (Paper to Plastic), marketed, and distributed all concepts to toy industry leaders.
● Provided regular reports to inform partners of Friendly Fire’s progress, focus, and horizon opportunities.
● Created and managed a number of lean teams to help disperse workload. (Model Making, Illustration, Ideation)
● Created broad portfolio of concepts that continues to be leveraged to this day.
Jun 2006 - Feb 2009 (2 years 8 months)
Bang Zoom is one of the World's Best and Widely Known Inventing Firms. I was very fortunate to work in-house with the team for 2.5 years. My Responsibilities:
● Reviewed toy manufacturer wish-lists and quickly devised new product to meet their goals.
● Visually Interpreted raw concepts into 2D art and directed their construction into working prototypes.
● Learned and comprehended mechanisms that could be created by our model-makers, while adhering to the target costs.
● Maintained knowledge of vast library of previously invented product to avoid repetition.
● Stayed aware of trends within licensing to keep ahead of opportunities with our partners.
● On occasion, would be asked to build working bread-board models.
● Maintained a working knowledge of all shop tools including Vacuum-Tables, CNC Machines, Lathes, Drills, and Saws.
● Always stayed competitive in a very game oriented environment.